• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Just got $125 bucks and pondering looking into some new games any suggestions? Been playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood so Assassins Creed Revelations is really tempting me, I also have Skyrim pre-ordered any payed already. (YAY for Skyrim! Go Dragonborn and some Dragons are gonna be eating dirt!)

So basically suggest what games and why you suggest them.

Level 25
Just got $125 bucks and pondering looking into some new games any suggestions? Been playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood so Assassins Creed Revelations is really tempting me, I also have Skyrim pre-ordered any payed already. (YAY for Skyrim! Go Dragonborn and some Dragons are gonna be eating dirt!)

So basically suggest what games and why you suggest them.

Get a bunch of 5$-10$ good games from steam, especially indie games.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Theres sonic generations out soon if you were a fan of retro sonic or atleast some sonic game.
Legend of zelda - Skyward sword for the wii is comming out in 3 weeks time.

For an insane game you could try saints row, that is said to be ludicrious beyond imaginiation.

Frankly there is shit all comming out next to the odd nentindo game. All good games are schedualed for Q1/2 2012 such as SC2 - HotS and D3.

Apparently skyrim is not as ground breaking as oblivion. Next to animation and blending improvements, people report the visuals are in line with oblivion (very dated). Additionally they seem to have not bothered actually fixing anything and instead are relying on attacking nonsensical dragons for no reason as a way to attract players (unlike oblivion which used a ploy of a fake massive world which was new back then). They further more have not tackled the real problems with the game such as no local multiplayer support or inherient ballence flaws. In the end there are only 2 real reasons people will look foward to the game, 1 they are a psycopath and love killing people and animals in imaginitive ways or they will use the game as a form of sex toy.

Level 22
Theres sonic generations out soon if you were a fan of retro sonic or atleast some sonic game.

For an insane game you could try saints row, that is said to be ludicrious beyond imaginiation.

Frankly there is shit all comming out next to the odd nentindo game. All good games are schedualed for Q1/2 2012 such as SC2 - HotS and D3.

Apparently skyrim is not as ground breaking as oblivion. Next to animation and blending improvements, people report the visuals are in line with oblivion (very dated). Additionally they seem to have not bothered actually fixing anything and instead are relying on attacking nonsensical dragons for no reason as a way to attract players (unlike oblivion which used a ploy of a fake massive world which was new back then). They further more have not tackled the real problems with the game such as no local multiplayer support or inherient ballence flaws. In the end there are only 2 real reasons people will look foward to the game, 1 they are a psycopath and love killing people and animals in imaginitive ways or they will use the game as a form of sex toy.

You complain about Skyrim not being groundbreaking, but then praise SC2. Weird. :I
And I think them not adding multiplayer is a good thing. I'm glad people are still making offline only games. Rather that than developers tacking on some crappy multiplayer component just to get more sales, right?

@OP: If you like 2D platformers, look forward to Rayman Origins. And you obviously like RPG's, so you should probably get Dark Souls as well if you haven't yet. It's one of my favorite RPG's in years.

Last edited:
Level 8
Doctor Super Good said:
In the end there are only 2 real reasons people will look foward to the game, 1 they are a psycopath and love killing people and animals in imaginitive ways or they will use the game as a form of sex toy.
Wow, I never saw that coming! I'm pretty sure your wrong about that one.

I'm glad people are still making offline only games. Rather that than developers tacking on some crappy multiplayer component just to get more sales, right?

I couldn't agree with you more. There's nothing worst than logging on to some stink'n server just so you can play a single player game. And when you gotta enter your password like when you play SC2 that totally sucks!

Whatever happen to the day when you could hook up a couple PC's at the house, have a friend over and go head to head over a LAN connection?

Level 11

The adoring fan in Oblivion shows a good reason why bethesda didn't make an elder scroll game multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.