• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What programs should i use for making models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i want to get a model off warcraft then edit it a bit or use parts of models from warcraft then make them into one model, which programs should i download?

Level 2
Just wondering but i want to do some modeling and gmax and all other modeling tools on this site require windows 2000 or xp, is there any freeware that will work on 98? or am i just out of luck?

Level 2
If you install xp does it erase all your programs and files that you were using for 98? or does it leave everything how it was, and how much of a pain is it after it is installed to get it set up how you want it?

Level 3
Ramza said:
that IS the editor :p then u can browse for models with the mpq browser
when i open it i mean i get a gray box nothing more
This.gif

Level 22
If you install xp does it erase all your programs and files that you were using for 98? or does it leave everything how it was, and how much of a pain is it after it is installed to get it set up how you want it?

i thought it keeps all its programs, but to make sure u keep them, just put them on a cd and install again for IF they will disappear

when i open it i mean i get a gray box nothing more

oww... just reinstall. did it give an error when u extracted or installed or whatever?

Level 3
in the importers folder all i have is ms3d.dll and md2.dll when i put strom.dll in there i get an error saying it cant load storm
""War3modeleditor\importers\storm.dll" no DLLImport function found!"
when i put storm.dll in any other folder that has to do with war3modeleditor it doesnt change anything

Status
Not open for further replies.