1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What platform do you play on?

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Malygos10, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Malygos10

Malygos10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry to be bothering with this problem of mine again, but do most people here play on bnet? I'm just trying to find out what platform people play on, since garena doesn't have the LAN option anymore. Too bad i cant even buy the game to get bnet, would love to play the new version when it comes out with other people, but unfortunately that won't be happening unless there's another platform where a decent number of people play Gaia's

2. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I don't think many people play at all to be honest at the moment. A lot of players like myself are just in limbo waiting for the new version to be released. Having said that when a new version comes out you can bet your ass off that there will be people in Clan ORPG @USWest and the clan still has servers hosting on bnet so there's still a chance you can get lucky and find some people to play with there.

3. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wc3 is DEAD... :(

4. SHBlade

SHBlade

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was the dumbest thing u could say xD
    Wc3 never was and won't be dead.

5. LittleTim

LittleTim

Resources:
    Resources:
    wc3

wc3 didn't die just got ruined by the bot wars in 2008 now we got hundreds of bot taking up space that many people never uses. I guess its all about profit.
    the only good thing about hosting bots is they can link severs but back in the old days there were enough people to randomly fill up a room in mins.
    and private servers that might out there might have other people on it. and most of the old maps I got don't even work on this wc3 no more cause of some patch.

i play gaias tho i work most of the day and don't got time to wait for a group

6. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally I think as long as there are map makers out there like Zwiebel willing to put in the hard work to create something as amazing as Gaias on wc3 there always be a community willing to play it and in that sense wc3 will never die.

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I agree that there's currently not much action going on on either platform regarding Gaias; and I have to admit that this might not change over the next weeks; I'm just very busy doing other stuff so that I can't find the time to code much.

I will release a new version with bugfixes and the new armor attachment system in some weeks for betatesting, however, given the nature of this update (fixing/cosmetics), I highly doubt there will be a new "players rush" like we had when 1.2A came out.

If that helps: I have a rather large text file containing all stuff I want to do for 1.2B, including quests, spells, boss designs and map layout fully fledged out. Everything is planned in detail; it just has to be done.

8. yki01

yki01

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the new thing is going to be custom maps made on Dota 2 tbh.

10. yki01

yki01

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know if Gaias will be a custom map for Dota 2 in the near future. I am saying people like Malygos10 could try entconnect and again be able to play with the population of garena + bnet + eurobattlenet + w3arena, etc. that enjoy Gaias. I'm also wondering why they have to remove Garena LAN for a few countries.

11. Malygos10

Malygos10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for replying but i tried the first link and the video file doesn't exist on sendspace, and I cant find any on youtube about this entconnect

12. Nir

Nir

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  13. Malygos10

Malygos10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow dude nice kill on alch. Yeah looks like bnet is the only way to go now. Garena is gone

14. yki01

yki01

Resources:
    Resources:
    What time are you going to play online?

@Malygos10 the sendspace file wasn't reuploaded for some reason. There's also the embedded quicktime file below the link as the alternate video. For youtube videos, I found this one (it's for Bnet users though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2q1O1aVCU

@Nir try ENTconnect together me, and with Malygos10 if it's ok with you both... others are very welcome to join as well.

15. filaretos

filaretos

Resources:
    Resources:
    hello me and 2 of my friends use the gameranger. don't know if it 's the best, don't know if it 's considered good, but its easy to use and we play it daily. We play after 24:00 at EET. my nick is hisui no ryu. you are welcome to join us :)

16. Malygos10

Malygos10

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol i just deleted game ranger recently cause i couldn't find any Gaia's games on it. Guess ill re-download it. Also, you mean you play after 12 at night EET right? Cause i think that's equivalent to 18:00 ET

17. nico4604282

nico4604282

Resources:
    Resources:
    any of you still play in any platforms, cause im always alone at garena and i dont have bnet

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  18. nico4604282

nico4604282

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol its not :vw_wtf: there still thousands of player in garena, we still enjoy it :goblin_good_job:

19. No it sucks bad graphics bad engine bad servers