• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't play online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys so I'm having some problems playing with people online. As some of you may know they removed the play option on garena client for most regions. I always played on garena and I don't have a bnet key, so I'm kinda screwed here. I know there are other gaming platforms through which you can play WC3 online but I don't know if I can play with people on garena. Is there any other way I can play gaias with other people?

Level 3
Hey guys so I'm having some problems playing with people online. As some of you may know they removed the play option on garena client for most regions. I always played on garena and I don't have a bnet key, so I'm kinda screwed here. I know there are other gaming platforms through which you can play WC3 online but I don't know if I can play with people on garena. Is there any other way I can play gaias with other people?

There seems to be a way to solve it with the help of a VPN service to trick garena. I've not tested it myself but it should be easy to find it on google on how to do it.

Level 1
There seems to be a way to solve it with the help of a VPN service to trick garena. I've not tested it myself but it should be easy to find it on google on how to do it.

I don't know what to search for lol... Like what do I put in on google

Level 3
I don't know what to search for lol... Like what do I put in on google

Here is a video after a quick google search, have not tested it myself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlnF7Re88Q

I missed the news on that. So is WC3 on Garena not supported anymore?

I'd say it's time to get a bnet key. You can probably get one on ebay for 5$.

Garena have "banned" some countries so not all of us can play on LAN (including me). An alternative to Garena could be to use a PVPNG server (it works like a private bnet server), a track list can be found here http://track.pvpgn.org/.
Another service could be to use something like tunngle but that can be a bit annoying to set up for some people.

Level 3
Another possible solution is to talk to other people on these forums to collect players and then use virtual LAN clients like Hamachi.

Tunngle creats a virtual LAN like hamachi and have a similar interface as garena with rooms. And if i'm not mistaken, Hamachi got a soft limit of 5 people per group (can be bypassed) which makes it a bit awkward to use.

Level 5
Didn't region change in Garena plus always solve region related stuff like that? I still haven't got net at where I moved to but I remember proxies kinda botch up wc3 LAN and even stop garena from logging in properly.

It's all because you people are too cheap to pay for Garena gold membership anyway grekern Hwahwahwah, so they decided it's more trouble than it's worth. But srsly, Garena is an epic sucker, now officially.

Level 1
Oh you don't have internet yet... Oh and changing region didn't work, I tried.

Btw when you can get back on garena can you invite me back or something, I don't even have group ID to ask to join lol

Level 5
An email from Luna Ghost the bot provider we are using now says:
"We have fixed the issue on our side by routing connections through a central proxy."
So it seems that could be the only reasonable solution.

Grekern and I tried and realized if you create an ID and log in from one of the countries that still has LAN function, that region will become default and u can use it elsewhere but reading arond the web, there is no telling if future updates will or will not remove the rest of countries too, so it might not be worth it, considering you might not get your saves back.

I'll try to see if we can share the bots with more realms and softwares like game ranger, w3arena and tunngle etc so that people have still got options. Way to suck Garena!

Status
Not open for further replies.