• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What makes an AOS fun for you?

What makes you like AoS nowadays?

• Custom Heroes & Abilities

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Items

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Terrain

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Fast Paced / Action Packed

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • AI

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Others (Specify at comment)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Some systems what allows good teamwork. Such as a commander who can place objective flags, or aura bonuses depending on how many allies are fighting together... stuff like this.

Level 18
It is too hard for me to answer this. I think a well-done and not symmetrical terrain is needed to maintain player's attention.

Concerning heroes, they have to be original so deep worked and with custom triggered abilities.

Items are a very important aspect of your game too, they have to be balanced through whole game and give useful bonuses (+2 int at level 50 \o/).

For the speed of the action this is your choice, but players have often more fun when gameplay is fast-paced.

I think the more important thing is... heroes. If they are original and have triggerized abilities players will like the map, even if other aspects are worst.

Level 5
I think AoSes need to be fast-paced, but not so fast that dying or going to shop more than once screws you over for the rest of the game. Heroes need to have a good story and interesting abilities. If the abilities can work together nicely and don't seem just thrown on a hero, it's all even better. Terrain isn't as important in AoSes, but it needs to look good visually to show the author put more effort than the bare minimum.

oCa

oCa

Level 2
Fast and balanced gameplay with original heroes and items is the most important thing in an AoS for me. Not only heroes and items, the theme and gameplay should also be original and require team work to win.

Level 18
Team work is awesome. Try to connect the different heroes thanks to their abilities.

Typical example:
Captain - Orders - Passive ability - As long as the captain stay near the general it has +10/20/30% damages
General - Devotion - Passive ability - As long as the general stay near the captain it has +2/3/5 armor

Status
Not open for further replies.