• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is wrong with my picture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the "art" of icon creation: You have to learn how to create the best result with the least amount of detail. That's something I'm chewing on aswell.

I often say the following:
Creating big images with insane details and very high quality is rather simple, but it's rather difficult to create something brilliant looking in a 64x64 image.

My advice would be:
Don't focus too much on the big image, but on the icon sized one. There you will see how it will look like. You can always resize it, check what's wrong and improve that by using CTRL+z (atleast that's how you can go back one step in GIMP).

Once again, I admire your creation of hands. Their anatomy and pose are excellent.

Level 17
That's the "art" of icon creation: You have to learn how to create the best result with the least amount of detail. That's something I'm chewing on aswell.

I often say the following:
Creating big images with insane details and very high quality is rather simple, but it's rather difficult to create something brilliant looking in a 64x64 image.

My advice would be:
Don't focus too much on the big image, but on the icon sized one. There you will see how it will look like. You can always resize it, check what's wrong and improve that by using CTRL+z (atleast that's how you can go back one step in GIMP).

Once again, I admire your creation of hands. Their anatomy and pose are excellent.
I think he's right...a big picture will always be easier to make than a little one because of the limitations. When I draw or paint big sizes I ussually don't even sweat...Anyways simplicity is elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.