• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What is the Simplest Way to Rotate a Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm quite new to WC3 modding and newer to this site. I have tried to search for an answer but haven't found what I'm looking for. My apologies if there has already been a thread devoted to this topic.

I want to make a model consisting of a fallen-over world tree. It would be nice to just rotate the existing WC3 one 90 degrees, but I can't seem to do that in the world editor and I think I need to create a new model based on the world tree. I have absolutely no experience with modeling whatsoever. I'm sure there's a way to do it in the mdx editor, but I haven't had any success yet. How would I do this?

Also, how would I change the pathing around it? I can't just use the default pathing for any doodad in the game since the world tree is longer than Ron Jeremy's... you get the idea.

First go into the object editor and make a new doodad. Base it off of the worldtree
1.jpg
Next, over the feild Art - Maximum Pitch Angle (degrees), hold shift and double click. That opens up the box, where you type in -90.
2.jpg
Finally, after placing your new doodad, fill the area you want blocked with large pathing blockers.
3.jpg

Level 5
Yeah, it ends in a tapered point, but if you bury that point in a hill and place your camera+doodads correctly you can make the roots into "branches". Or so it seems. I am trying to use the fallen world tree in a cinematic scene of a devastated forest. I have a few things to iron out, but I'm hoping that's a side effect of me being a noob at all of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.