• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help Rotating models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
If your'e using Magos War3 Model Editor you could open the properties in one of the files on top of the screen, next to recent files I think. In there you can mark the box "Show Bones". Then you will be able see the bones and redirect them to the correct possition after rotating the model. If the bones are in place the animations will work, trust me, I'm animating my model in Model Editor.

If your'e using Magos War3 Model Editor you could open the properties in one of the files on top of the screen, next to recent files I think. In there you can mark the box "Show Bones". Then you will be able see the bones and redirect them to the correct possition after rotating the model. If the bones are in place the animations will work, trust me, I'm animating my model in Model Editor.
That is slow and troublesome especially on large models

The fastest and easiest way is to use Oinkerwinkles GeosetTranslation program
http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/download.html

Just make sure your model is in .mdl and then use that program to rotate it the way you want.

Level 22
Hmm... well, geoset translation still messes the animations. I doubt rotating each bone will help either, because I'd also have to swtch every bone position of every from of the animations.
Thanks for the help, anyhow, guys.
oh, and Kitabatake, I love your sword models.

Status
Not open for further replies.