• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the blue skysphere / skybox used in this tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm talking about the blue skybox seen under the map, final screen shot.

Erm the Final Result screenshot is removed, I'll just try to open up the map on my computer at home from work.

When I opened the map it also showed a white ugly skybox and I guess this is not what you meant...

Level 12
Hrmm, The screen shot was there yesterday. I'll check the example myself, although I was pretty sure there was nothing about the sky last time I checked.

Edit: Yeah, the example map doesn't have anything about a skybox, All I need is a "Sky blue" background beneath the alpha tiles. Can anyone help me with this?

Level 14
Hrmm, The screen shot was there yesterday. I'll check the example myself, although I was pretty sure there was nothing about the sky last time I checked.

Edit: Yeah, the example map doesn't have anything about a skybox, All I need is a "Sky blue" background beneath the alpha tiles. Can anyone help me with this?

Well you can of course check out this tutorial:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/enhancing-skies-201315/

Go to Scenario -> Map Preferences and Scenario -> Map Options
check out the fog settings and the sky settings, you should be abled to figure it out from there on....

Also, try adding a Cinematic: Stormsphere around your map with Ultimate Terraining map, animated lightning sky ftw! ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.