• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What I have been up to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
For those of you interested, here is a general idea of what I have been doing.

For the first three weeks I studied in a classroom all of the theoretical means of how to survive in the wilderness, how to escape from enemy capture through various means, how to evade detection, how to resist being taken hostage, and how to aid others to accomplish these goals. Then for three weeks I had to survive in a jungle and mountain terrain setting with nothing more on me but my clothes and a 7 cm knife.

After that I was in a mock-up detainment camp (with real torture techniques [ouch]) for two weeks and I had to escape from that.

All in all, not very fun. What has everyone else been up to?

Level 9
Surviving the borishness of that establishment called school.
Atempting to get my ass in gear, not very successful results to say the least...
Glad you got out of that hellhole alive; Personally the longest ive been stuck in wilderness ,was in belgium for two weeks. A forest near Alsemberg somewhere. Scared the shit outta me.
Amigo, kudos for survivin. Hope you had enuff food.

Level 21
erm i have been and done my GCSEs which i got amazing results in, all As and an A* in science maths and electronics. im now doing my A levels (advanced levels) in biology chemistry maths and electronics. apart from that not much bar partying every night and rocking everyday. good job on surviving! did they do that thing with the fingernails coz i heard that really hurts. also did they stick ur toes in acid untill they melt off, ewww :p hope to cya soon.

Level 12
Responses

Yeah, I actually gained weight if you can believe it. I also gained 3 cm to my waist in that short time, that I think is amazing.

Dan; Yes they did the chinesse fingernail torture, no to the acid. They also found out, interestingly, that my bones are super tough. I mean, like, the equivalent of falling off of a 10 story building into concrete level force did not break them. It took a lot of pressure, but eventually they broke a bone, one of the left toes. Hurt like hell but it healed in less than a week, which is another mystery. Currently they are poking around in my DNA structure and are taking tons of samples for experimentation to learn the reason behind this.

Also, I found out I have a third kidney. pretty weird, huh? We found that out when I was giving some blood for tests and they ran a platlate (might have mispelled it) count [usual proceedure] and I had a phenomenaly high numbre. Where most people average between 250-300 I had 554, which is almost unheard of. Then they did a little researched, learned my father and brother also have a third kidney, and tested me. I tested positive. Apparently all it does is make platlates, which would explain my remarkable healing.

I forgot the rest of what I was going to say, so this is the end of this post.

Level 3
i joined the russian army and have just finished my training im now part of a sqaud and am fully qualified to carry most assault rifles

Level 21
dragonmage1703";p="7023 said:
kidneys heal you???
some 1 explain this to me...

platelets (i think thats the spelling) are molcules and protiens in your plasma, plasma makes up about 60% of your blood (i think, btw im doing this from knowlegde i learn ages ago so it might not be right) so you have alot of them. basically your blood is made of 3 main things, red blood cells to carry oxgen, white blood cells to kill diseases and plasma which is the main bulk of it. plasma itself is made up of many protiens and water and nutrients and platelets. what platelets do is heal your body from cuts and internal wounds (basically, theres a bit mroe to it as always in science) and the way they do it is by covering a cut and then drying out to become very fiberous and so form a scab, this is its protective qualities, (this next bit im not sure of) your cells then use the nutrients in the plasma as a form of growth food meaning they grow better. the main thing platelets do is form a protective cover. people without many platelets are called heamophiliacs (heamophiliacs can also be people with low red-blood cell count) and so dont heal cuts easilly, people with high platelets counts are just freaks.

lol no not really only joking William, it is a good evolutionary advantage however since natrual selection is now impossible in humans you wont be able to share your gift with the world (unless of course it is a dominant gene). i would be very intrested to hear the results of your DNA tests if you are willing to share them.

Level 3
i find my self forced to agree with you doing my biology classes unfortunatly i have the bichiest teacher in the school and every time i fall asleep she gives me an arfternoon detention

Level 12
Correct

Yes Dan, you are correct about how platlates work. They are the force that coagulates the blood and are responsible for the first stage of the actual healing process.

I find the biology rather interesting, it is amazing how many things have to all work at the same exact time for anything to work. the more you study it the more amazing it becomes, when you get down to the details, it is astonishing that so much works with so few and few problems. Even people "contantly" sick still are functioning far better than they statistically should.

Also, to whomever claimed that humans cannot evolve, you are quite simply wrong. To this day the human appendix has shrunk over 40% of the size it was a mere 70 years ago, people are keeping hair for longer, and the heart is in far better shape in the average person than it was merely 50 years past. Evolution is slow, selective adaptation is a lot faster, but both still happen. One of the biggest reasons we do not "see" that as much is due to humanity adapting their environment to themselves instead of the usual reverse, but it does still happen. Hear about the recently discovered remains of a new species of humans found near indonesia? They lived as recently as 13,000 years ago, which is not very long at all.

Level 21
Malufa";p="7039 said:
One of the biggest reasons we do not "see" that as much is due to humanity adapting their environment to themselves instead of the usual reverse

that is more what i meant, also i mean that because babies that have defects or are natrually weak are being able to live due to medicine so it is different.

Malufa";p="7039 said:
to whomever claimed that humans cannot evolve, you are quite simply wrong

i dont know much about this, it was was my biology teacher who told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.