• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happened to Strategy and Risk players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32

What Happened?

What basically happened is that the groups activity dropped in February-May 2014 due to me being inactive, usually checking in every other day for a less than twenty minutes. I campaigned to revive it in July, and it worked for the next three months. After those three months I stopped advertising everywhere as it wasted my time. I realized that the group didn't accomplish much.

The bottom line is, a group like this can't run on its own. I have to constantly request members to join and think of discussion ideas. The problem with the discussion ideas is that it shares the same type of threads that would be posted on the Warcraft Town Hall (aka Warcraft discussion) sub-forum.

Realizing that along with not wanting to put effort into the group due to repetitively campaigning, I stopped campaigning. As I predicted, the group couldn't run itself. Bam, group inactive.
Legacy

- The group had an awesome group cover / picture contest.
- We were once having real life tactics discussions. Oh blitzkrieg.
- We are 13th in number of members counting from most to least
- I'm pretty sure we were the most active group in the fall and early winter of 2013 :D
[TD]
Future

I don't have any future plans. In 2013 I foolishly deleted many semi-inactive discussions and I had some rules that probably limited activity. I have roughly 30 deleted discussions and 9 current discussions. These cannot be brought back by the maintainer until... maybe Hive 2 comes out.

For now, I believe this group should just rest in peace.
Closing

Strategy and Risk Players!
August 15, 2013 - March 10, 2015
[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

Status
Not open for further replies.