• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What happened to Makemehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It's been awhile since I used the site. I had Mapper's Priority there, but when I tried logging in this time, it merely started some kind of download? No alerts from my antivirus, and I promptly deleted the nondescript file.

Navigating the site further, I noticed when clicking on a 'Mappers' tab that it states:

"Mappers project has been discontinued."

Any other mappers out there that can tell me more about this? It'd really be a shame if it were now impossible to upload and pull down one's own maps at will.

On an unrelated note, I'm assuming this is the best board to post this topic.

Level 32
Yeah, it's been disbanded. Probably because of it being a hassle to manage people's reports, complaints, and such. However, if you're looking for that kind customized of feature, they have the closest thing at ENTGaming.net/link.

You can ask @aRtY about it. Probably better to ask him via MakeMeHost gmail or his ENT profile where he is a manager.

Reported to move thus to Warcraft Townhall.

Level 13
From what I've heard from friends, they just removed inactive mappers from the list. This happened to me, but not a couple of my mapper buddies. The upload suggestion on MMH is a pain to use, and they refuse to give back mapper accounts, so mapper accounts on MMH have become somewhat of an exclusive thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.