• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What format is .mdl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
What format is .mdl? (it a sort of a weird question, but there are multiple .mdl formats). Is it the same format as neverwinter nights? is it the same as anything else?

(This is for the purposes of exporting to a war3 compatible format and NOT using Gmax, 3DS max or any such program from that company. I gots ta know what da plugin i gotta use is.)

Level 25
Ok, this is what I know about the various files with the mdl extension

1. They can be converted between a format that's pretty much unreadable, and a format that can be edited by text
2. They are used for MANY things. NWN, WC3, CS...
3. They aren't the same file on cross-platform. A NWN mdl is NOTHING like a WC3 mdl

So basicaly, realy depends on the type of mdl file

Status
Not open for further replies.