• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What exactly is a "sky" in World Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok I know in Worledit you can turn on an option called "Sky"

Ok

What is it

and How do you change it

And if it's the custom light environment I changed that but saw no noticeable difference

So what is the sky and how can I see it and change it?

I have WC3 viewer if that helps?

Level 22
Set then light environment to dungeon then THEN you'll see a change :D

Light environments are subtle light reflection off the surfaces of textures from the direction of the light source.. I.e. Ashenvale gives a slight gray tint, while underground gives a heavy blue tint and so on.

Sky is essentiall that- sky. If you use camera triggers and set the camera to where it can view the horizon, then the sky can be visible. On normal melee games you never see the sky because there's no way to set the camera to see it, but its esssential for cinimatics because it adds to the realism. You can set the sky through the editor or through triggers. There are different skies, some ranging from light clouds to floating islands over a red skyline.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.