• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What editor to use for jass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am going to start learning jass, my question I'd what text editor/ide is good for coding in jass. I'd also like to know where I can find a list of all the (idk the term) stuff I can call? I remember that jasscraft had the list back in the day. Lastly, which jass tutorials should I actually start with?I see so many covering simliar topics, I'm just not sure which one is good quality and starts with the very basics

Level 39
There is a notepad++ extension for vJASS syntax highlighting somewhere on this site that you can search for. Honestly though I would recommend you skip over JASS entirely and learn Lua; it’s much more powerful and will be the standard in the future.

You can extract common.j, Blizzard.j, and common.ai from your install’s CASC file. @TriggerHappy also has a link to them in pastebin posts in his signature.

Level 6
hey thank you pyro, i was looking thru the tools section but i was only able to find syntax highlighting for sublime text. (i prefer n++ cause i use it for js scripting as well)
i would love to learn LUA, but i just have NO IDEA where to start or even how to start a LUA trigger in the world editor. You do have a point tho, it would be good to learn in general. I am going to college for computer science atm so saying i know some LUA is better then saying i know some JASS lol.

I guess I'll find some tutorials on LUA and how to use it with WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.