• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] moving to JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Im moving from GUI to JASS because afaik JASS is much better. but i have little problem here. Which tool provides the best way to author a script? fyi, im very interested in JESP and vJASS. Very organized. i had downloaded jasscraft and jassnewgenpack5d. i need tool which will ease me in my learning process? it will be much easier if u provide the link. the pros and cons. Thank you so much for your help n suggestion!! :D

Level 20
Well...
GUI is like a pretty dumb lady...
JASS is like an ugly smart lady.
vJASS is like a pretty smart lady.

jasscraft and JNPG should be more than enough for learning. There are tons of tutorials here in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-iii-tutorials-206/ section, in JASS and GUI.

One of the best way to learn is making something in GUI, changing it to Custom Text, understand where everything is, and then start optimizing (Using natives, instead of functions that calls other functions), creating custom functions, and stuff.

EDIT: I would add, maybe, working first with custom scripts in GUI. It's what I do. Maybe I'll turn to full jass later. Not that I know that much.

There is no tool to help you learn aside from JassCraft and TESH (TESH is already built-in to JassNewGen Pack).

The best way to learn is by reading tutorials and practicing. :) You can try looking at other's codes as well.

You can find JASS tutorials here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-ai-scripts-tutorials-280/

Just pick the one you find interesting, and dive in. ;D After you gain a basic understanding of how JASS works, you can begin making your own codes. If you feel that you are up to it, then you can go on to learn vJass by reading the manual.

If you need any help, you can post a thread and our users will be glad to help. Good luck. :thumbs_up:

EDIT: Heh, Spartipilo beat me to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.