• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What does "whoisjohngalt" do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm researching cheat codes and their references, and I've been trying out some of the cheat codes I've never used before. Everywhere says that whoisjohngalt "enables research," but what does that mean? Some say it "speeds up researching technologies," but I just tested this and it's not true. And besides, why wouldn't you just use warpten, which speeds up everything, if you wanted things to speed up?

Anyway, can someone enlighten me if I'm missing something? Whoisjohngalt doesn't seem to speed up anything, unlock anything, or otherwise "enable" anything I can see.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
There's a difference between upgrades and researches.
Upgrades are those that add +1 to attack/damage, armour, life etc. and researches are those upgrades that enable spells like Cannibalize, Healing Ward etc.

whoisjohngalt affects the latter.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I tried it with researching Backpack and the cheat didn't affect it at all. Have you tested it yourself?
Obviously... The question is, have you tested it properly? What version are you running anyway? I'm using 1.31.1.

Here's a recording: Uploadfiles.io - whoisjohngalt.mp4

This cheat also researches unit backpacks for me as you can see in the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.