• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A symphony of frost and flame help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I'm almost done with the Frozen Throne campaigns, though I'm a bit nervous.
I dont know if this is true, but for someone a symphony of frost and flame might be the hardest mission of them all. I hope not, could you guys say anything about that? (Is it really harder than the last mission in the night elf campaign in RoC?)

In this summer, I've been playing a lot, I completed all the campaigns in warcraft 3 ROC without cheating, something I've never done before, even though I've had the game for some time.

And now, I have one mission left. I know how it's going to end, since I cheated when I played it before, so I know the story, but It's going to be very hard.

I'm playing it on normal difficulty by the way.

So, what should I do? When I start playing I'm feeling very nervous because I don't know what to do! What should I do? Is it the hardest warcraft 3 mission? Even harder than the last mission in ROC?

Level 4
I read a long walkthrough, saying that Kael's base was almost impossible to take out. I don't know if this was for hard or not, but both Kael and Vashj attacks with lots of units.

What should I do first? Could someone tell me what to do? I.e:
Build blah blah, then go for the gold mine to the north, or Vashj's base.

Quoted from a site:
The final chapter of the Frozen Throne is rightfully the most difficult chapter of all. Yes, we did give it a difficulty of impossible, but you can pass it, provided you save and reload a lot... to do it all, without saving, would be... quite impossible, at least for the average person.
Is it harder or easier than the last mission in ROC?

By the way ady_illidan, did you complete the mission on easy or hard difficulty?

Level 4
1: How many will they attack with and how frequently?
2: In your opinion, is this map harder than the Mount Hyjal mission in ROC?
3: Any special tactics you used?
4: Approximately how much time did you use?

Level 13
Want to know how I did it? Spamming towers...

And RoC's last mission is my favorite and it is very, very easy if you know how to fortify a position... specially if you play NE.

Level 4
I've tried playing the mission a couple of times, now, it's very frustrating.
I destroy the first naga base, then I secure the gold mine a little north, before Illidan secures his second obelisk, I activate the southern obelisk and fortify it with a necropolis which I upgrade, and some towers.
The thing is, it's very annoying defending both the obelisk from Vasjh and Illidan, and the second gold mine from the Blood Elves! If I try to take the western or eastern obelisks my southern obelisk will be taken... I hate this shitty mission. This is the most irritating mission I've ever played.

What should I do? Should I just try to take the obelisks or should I perhaps defeat Vashj or Kael first? Oh man, I need some strategies!

Level 13
First thing: never fortify a position with a necropolis, use ziggurats. It's just a waste of resources.

Level 4
First thing: never fortify a position with a necropolis, use ziggurats. It's just a waste of resources.

I have to make a necropolis in order to build ziggurats, I need blighted ground, else I can't fortify at all.
But did you guys take out Vashj and/or Kael's bases?

Level 4
you start with 3 sacrificial skulls

No just 2, but tell me now:

Tell me EXACTLY what I should do from the start, so I know what to do, where I should begin building, where I should attack, where I should harvest gold, who I should attack etc.

Level naga base at the start of the game
haunt gold mine
ignore necropolis
build crypt near edge of map (near starting location)
build ziggurats around both entrances, upgrade half of them to Nerubian Towers and half to Spirit Towers
secure first obelisk, haunt gold mine
build necropolis in your base at the same time
keep upgrading until you have black citadel
entrench first base with burrowed crypt fiends
entrench obelisk with burrowed crypt fiends
I heard that you can't walk through shades, so get alot of them, get them to block the circle of power of your first obelisk
test shade barricade with acolytes
send 5-15 frost wyrms at the western obelisk
send anub'arab and 5 crypt fiends to western obelisk
send arthas and a troupe` of ghouls & meat wagons to attack Illidan
send a small group of abominations to the Blood Elf & Naga bases to occupy them while you create a strike force consisting of:
Ghouls 5-10 (Must have Ghoul Frenzy & Cannibalize!)
Abominations 2-5 (Disease Cloud optional)
Frost Wyrms 1-3 (Must have Freezing Breath!)
Meat Wagons 1-2 (Disease Cloud optional)
Crypt Fiends 3-6 (Must have Burrow!)
Necromancers 1-2 (Must have Skeletal Mastery & Skeleton Mage!)
Banshees 2-4 (Must have Possess!)
When you get your chance, send this strike force after the Naga, possess 1-2 Naga Royal Guards/Myrmidons and 1-2 Dragon Turtles
send the posssessed units back to base
keep the Necromancers from losing mana with an Obsidian Statue
have ghouls attack all sides of the Naga base, scattering their forces
Meat Wagons and Frost wyrms deal with their own individual Tidal Guardians
Abominations kill myrmidons and workers
Crypt Fiends assault dying units and workers, aswell as freshly trained units

Now then, once you have the Naga base decently eradicated, focus on Anub'Arak and his fight, send a group of Acolytes and 1 ghoul (carrying two sacrificial skulls) to him, have Anub'Arak cast Impale on any nearby units and then use the sacrificial skulls on the Dirt near the Western Obelisk he is at, have acolytes build LOTS of ziggurats/Spirit Towers.

Once that's under way, have the surviving forces from the Naga assault arrive at the western obelisk, take the Dragon Turtles with you.
Train banshees to meet up with the survivors at the western Obelisk
assault Blood Elf base with Anub'Arak
Send arthas and some frost wyrms & abominations to distract Illidan once again, just so his Naga can't move against your two controlled obelisks

Alright, now that Illidan and his snakes are busy and Kael has his hands full, send a small group of banshees to possess any myrmidons and dragon turtles you find, send two Obsidian Statues with the banshees, one for healing and one for mana/healing
Keep your myrmidons and turtles healthy, destroy any entrenchments around the Northen Obelisk and kill off those troops, if needed for the next step
create enough shades to guard the two obelisks you've freed from Illidan recently, test these with an Acolyte

Alrighty, now that you have three obelisks safely guarded by Shades, the Naga and Blood Elf bases nicely whipped (no more builders, no more coral beds/farms) you can focus more on Illidan himself.
Systematically assault his land-based entrenchments, as there is a secret force to the north east edge of the map.
Use all of the surviving combat forces you have, including Arthas and Anub'Arak. Send in your tanks first, the Abominations, Dragon Turtles, Myrmidons and a group of quick Ghouls
have the ghouls distract forces around the land-based entrenchments of Illidan's Forces, while these forces scatter, your tanks will arrive in the heart of their base, dealing large amounts of damage to their targets
now for the fun part, if you have any frost wyrms left, have them freeze any nearby towers, have your tanks rush any units who threaten the wyrms (i.e, Lady Vashj, Kael, Illidan) and send in Anub'Arak and Arthas to assault the main building, use Anub'Araks' impale on the harvesting murlocs, cast Locust Swarm and enable Carrion Beetles
use Arthas' Death Coil to harm any units threatening the two heroes
use Arthas' Animate Dead and any Rods of Necromancy he has in his possession to raise the murloc workers, have them assault the main building
do not replace any dead units, just destroy all land-based buildings before Illidan can be revived and launch a counter-attack
if a majority of your forces died, that is good
train frost wyrms and gargoyles for this last part, having the gargoyles (10-20) move at the hidden base from all angles, having frost wyrms follow close behind (as many as you can train/afford) from all angles
freeze the Tidal Guardians, deal large amounts of damage to them while gargoyles occupy the moving forces in the base
since you are limited to flying units, make sure you replace any dead units immediatly!

Keep up this assault while Arthas and Anub'Arak go to the final obelisk, you win.

Level 4
I didn't read your †-Revellion-† before I tried doing the mission again, this time I made it. I took out the naga base first, then Kael's and then I just grabbed the obelisks. Took me one hour and 15 minutes but at least I finished warcraft 3 ROC and TFT without cheating. :grin:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Did you pass the campaigns in Hard? The RoC ones were easy on Hard (I only had to cheat on Hearthglen, it is completely impossible even if you use your whole food cap, and then when the caravan appears you cannot dismiss anything to go stop it), never passed the TFT Undead or Human ones on Hard I believe.

The last mission of TFT is harder than RoC's. In TFT you have to attack, not just sit in a base and wait for enemies to come.

Level 14
Rawr, Aso beats all WC3 levels on hard :O I mean, some maps took me 6-10 times to beat, but at least I beat it. But the last levels of ROC is so cool I decided to make an enhanced version on it, and put it up here. I just made it more interesting. Wait till I make it harder... :O

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.