• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Difference does the Race of a Unit make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was wondering what difference the unit race does?
talking about
Stats - Race: Commoner, Creep, Critter, Demon, Human, Naga, Night Elf, None, Orc, Other, Undead

I am not talking about
Stats-Unit Classification: for example Undead, Ancient, Suicidal etc

So the only two things i discovered so far is that Units, which are of Undead Race, can't dispel Blight with AOE Dispels and can be targeted with 'Unsummon Building'.

Is there anything else?

Surely you can ask for the Race and build a trigger around it, but is there already such a thing hard coded in the game?

If you summon a Main-Building with the item 'Tiny Great Hall', the race of the player matters and not the unit.

Cheers Thanks in advance!

Level 14
I set different races and classifications in my game for a few reasons. One is for the creep respawn. If they are a certain classification like "giant" then they will respawn otherwise they don't.

I also use different races to have different blood effects from abilities. If a unit is undead or a demon, or a bug, or a human they all have different colors of blood.

All in all it's not that important but it can be a good way to separate units for triggering purposes

Level 12
For builders the icon that is displayed to open the build menu as well as the style in which the structure is built is determined by the units race. Undead means the builder will just summon a building and it will build by itself, human means he has to stand outside and hit it, orc/night elf, the unit goes inside the building.

Level 7
I just set everything to Human so its easier and faster to select things when I trigger stuff. I use other races for dummies and special effects.

Only other time to use another race would be the above mentioned.

Level 29
Demon is subject to Death Coil/Holy Light as if undead.
Naga has it's own Build ability and icon.
Unit that is going to be Sacrificed needs to be of undead race otherwise crashes.
Human, Orc, Nightelf get healed by the Holy Light.
In order for Entangle Goldmine to appear on command card townhall must have ancient classification, have uproot ability and be of race nightelf. <-probably not remembering right, was it shorter ?

I never tried how race: none gets handled on an unit ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.