• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What about black characters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A couple of black characters would be nice. Especially with dreadlocks! If you know of any, or are willing to create one or two, notify me, please! :sad:

Level 2
nah, no particular timeperiod. its just that there's no black characters in warcraft... but i just think it'd be cool to have one. i think it'd be interesting for him to meet a tauren, and then the tauren is confused over the fact of him being 'Human'.

I'm thinking of something rogueish... overcoat, long dreadlocks, sword...

oh and i couldnt find the UTN troop... and i searched for 3 days for blacks skins. if u ever even start the model you are my god

but what do you use to make all those wonderful models, and animate them with?

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, almost all of my UTN units are down off the site. Infact, the only one up is the Regular. The Grenadier was the Black one.

I distincly remeer a black villager skin, hmmmm...

You can have black humans in WoW, just no one ever makes a character like that for some reason. :s

Level 2
the trolls aren't human though, and wow model exacting isnt supported anywhere i know of...

Level 2
and what program should i use if i wanted to, say, work off of someone else's model(with their permission, of course)?

Level 31
Yeah. Thats all the stuff I use. I have Paint Shop Pro 8 as my picture program. And right now I'm bouncing between coloring a picture for a friend, and make one of their characters into a warcraft 3 unit. Think I might make a Black guy, just cause I think it'd look cool.

Level 2
ah! thank you, but... the hellscream texture is messy and still has a tusk-tooth, and the blood-mage's attatchments are messy...

Status
Not open for further replies.