• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What a Newbie would do if....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
...Wormskull's death ocured. No offense to anyone, I just wanted to make a little animation.
Battle.gif

Level 11
"Then they would go rampant, flaming and submitting all sorts of various crap unstopped"

They would until oz02 killed them about 5 seconds later.

Level 13
well...

a lot of flaming would stop in the forums
many skins and artwork would go unchecked

so its a fair trade. lose something, gain something

meh

Level 13
Konblade said:
...Wormskull's death ocured. No offense to anyone, I just wanted to make a little animation.
Battle.gif

one year ago, Livecorpse ( go on google and type it ) died, it was a flash animator, about 18 year old, with a special mental condition. nonethelessly, he was somewhat good, very kind and helpful. i stop'd going on newgrounds, for some unknow reasons. at my return, he died, and i felt bad and sad, since he helped me and and i carved myself a place at him by commenting his tons of movies.
altho wc3search cannot be compared to ng beceause of its traffic and lack of store/donations, id say that since i have around 1500 comments.. and there is 1'765 Skins and 100~ non-blizz Art files and 2000 non-wow icons (altho 90% of them are blatant recolor cnps from wc2viewer and other places), a lot of stuff would get uncommented :lol:
a newbie would most likely be uncorcened and uncaring, but of course, if i stay alive they get angry and keep hatin'.
apart from the fact i try to comment every skins/icons/art that are submitted since abou two months, i dont see how the fact i would die would be tragic to newbs..

oh and skulls can't bleed, unless the red is some mental shield phasing to the physical plane

Level 11
He does have a point about the newbs not caring. Even I hardly care anymore about his comments. And he is right, skulls don't bleed...(why didn't I notice that earlier?)

Level 7
heh - :twisted: we would have a memorial ceremony on the site, which included the deleting of all crap, in his name...

it wouldn't be tragic to newbs... but some might loose the motivation to prove you wrong, when you say they are not good - or put it like this, loose the motivation to improve - but that is like, a worst case scenario

eventually, they would soon realize themselves, that they were no good - its just that Wormskull is so darn nice to tell them, before they know it, and thus they feel attacked and compelled to defend, often in somewhat mysterious ways and ackward theories and excuses for not being willing to dismiss thier model/skin/whatever as bad :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.