• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whack-A-Grunt 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Whack units to protect your ziggurat. This map was created by jesus4lyf, not me, and is protected. So far i dont know how he managed to use the cursor location. If you find out please send me a private message.

Keywords:
Whack, Grunt, Whack a Grunt, cursor
Contents

Whack-A-Grunt 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review

[+] Author & map name
[+] Map description
[+] THW rules & regulation
[+] Map in English language
[-] No Error/Crash/Fatal error
[+] Quality are acceptable
[!] Not stolen/hack/de-protect map

Condition : Poor
Review : 1

Note : This map have 1 error, the camera sometimes could jammed whenever you make a amazing throw and I have to close my entire WC3. I would set it to review and let mini-mod check out this resources before I approve/reject it.

Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 14

Bugs

- I played the game 5 times and I encountered the camera bug Septimus mentions only once. I did not, however, have to close my whole wc3. I merely pressed F10 and restarted the map.

The Review

- This map is a simple mini-game that uses an interesting set of triggers to make it run.

- The terrain is non existent which really isn't a bad thing considering the map's theme. It would be good if it was done with a different tile set.

- The camera should be fixed and, perhaps, a bit farther away so you can see the whole square more clearly.

- The music is nice. Even though it's default w3 music it's speed has been increased via triggers and is rather nice.

Overall
- A creative mini-game, but repetitive and lacking in most parts.

My Advice
- Well, since you're not the author there isn't much I can say, but if you ever do modify this map I would suggest changing the tile set, fixing the camera to a better angle and distance and adding more dynamics to the game.

Score
- Well, the bug seems to be uncommon and it is simply fixed. However, it still is a bug. I vote for approval of this resource because it shows an interesting and uncommon use of triggers, even though it's lacking in dynamics and gameplay.