• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Were Nathrezim evil before the Burning Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just a speculation,considering some recent facts about their race that changed my view upon them not as evil born race but as something else!First of id like to ivite Lothraxion, the newest buddy of the light!He is the High commander of the grand army of the light(HCGAL),he was somehow infused with the Light,wich changed his look and apperance,wich looks very holy.I was thinking if he could be infused with the light,without killing him then this could mean that he was recently turned into Fel beast!Yes i know it's kinda absurd but still just a speculation!I men if you consider a Nethrezim who was part of the legion for Ages,he could have consumed enough fel energies to the point were he will not be able to consume much ,even if they were Light energies.If Lothraxion was that kind of nathrezim ,he wouldn't have been alive today,but that just me ,Blizzard probably already solved this mystery i dont know,but still it's nice to speculate!So what's your thought on this?

Also for another proof of this theory look at the Satyrs,they were once Night elves,but chose another evil path of fortune!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Universes, now everybody is good!?

It's a WoW retcon. In the RoC manual there's no such information of the Nathrezim being "good willed" before Sargeras' fight with the dwellers of the Twisting Nether.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Reign of Chaos manual:

"As his confusion and depression deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the Titans’ order. The Nathrezim, a dark race of vampiric demons (also known as Dreadlords) set out to conquer a populated world by possessing its inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming Dreadlords had turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them through unthinking hatred and mistrust. Though Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, their corruption affected him deeply."

Level 24
From the WarCraft Chronicles we do learn that the Dreadlords were twisted prior to Saargras taking up the mantle as leader, when the Titan arrives at the unnamed planet with a titan soul inside he sees the Dreadlords working together/under with the Old Gods. It is possible the demons were servants of the Old Gods, to quote Xal'atath, "Here you will see why the Legions invasion is ultimately futile, all can be corrupted, dreams and demons alike." It seems strange that the Old Gods of the unknown planet wouldn't be able to corrupt demons considering the statement of Xal'atath. I know I often end up being the only one to think this but it seems as though the Old Gods have yet to play their hand, they seem to be playing up to something huge.

What we do know is that Sargeras valued the Dreadlords over all other original members in the Legion, to once again quote Xal'atath: "The recruitment of the Eredar was quite a win for Sargeras, he desperately needed more intelligence in his warhost."

Level 9
rom the WarCraft Chronicles we do learn that the Dreadlords were twisted prior to Saargras taking up the mantle as leader, when the Titan arrives at the unnamed planet with a titan soul inside he sees the Dreadlords working together/under with the Old Gods. It is possible the demons were servants of the Old Gods, to quote Xal'atath, "Here you will see why the Legions invasion is ultimately futile, all can be corrupted, dreams and demons alike."

if that's the case then the Burning Legion is nothing but a pawn of the Old Gods.but still there is nothing that says that they weren't neutral,no good nor evil just neutral(i'm talking about DREADLORDS)

[Edit]"As his confusion and depression deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the Titans’ order. The Nathrezim, a dark race of vampiric demons (also known as Dreadlords) set out to conquer a populated world by possessing its inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming Dreadlords had turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them through unthinking hatred and mistrust. Though Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, their corruption affected him deeply."

Where does it say they were always evil or good?Where does it say dreadlors were evil from the time they were created?I mean there must me more story than just that!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Where does it say they were always evil or good?Where does it say dreadlors were evil from the time they were created?I mean there must me more story than just that!
There is no more than that in the manual pertaining the "origin" of the Nathrezim. The idea is that the Twisting Nether is filled with negative energy. Thus, good belongs to the titans because they are creation intended and not destructive as the forces of the nether which are parasites and defilers of creation.

Level 24
if that's the case then the Burning Legion is nothing but a pawn of the Old Gods.but still there is nothing that says that they weren't neutral,no good nor evil just neutral(i'm talking about DREADLORDS)

I never said that I just said that the dreadlords on that planet could have been mind-warped by the Old Gods. But to be fair there's a lot pointing to the fact that Sargeras serves the Old Gods not least of all that he has had the Key to All Worlds in his possession yet never used it to open a portal to Azeroth. What we know for certain is that if Sargeras had wanted to he has been able to destroy Azeroth for the past 10,000 years yet never did but he still clearly wants to spread chaos to the planet. Spreading chaos serves only one purpose, to hasten the corruption of the Titan spirit inside Azeroth. Logic therefore dictates that Sargeras is a thrall of the Void Lords. Why else would he not destroy Azeroth?

[Edit]"As his confusion and depression deepened, Sargeras was forced to contend with another group intent on disrupting the Titans’ order. The Nathrezim, a dark race of vampiric demons (also known as Dreadlords) set out to conquer a populated world by possessing its inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming Dreadlords had turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them through unthinking hatred and mistrust. Though Sargeras defeated the Nathrezim easily, their corruption affected him deeply."

"scheming Dreadlords had turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them through unthinking hatred and mistrust." This at least seems to make it rather clear that at least these Dreadlords were fairly nefarious and malevolent. I don't know about you but "Manipulating them through unthinkable hatred and mistrust." While I agree that yes there could be more to the Dreadlords and their origin especially considering the holy dreadlord we see on the Paladin order campaign, these specific dreadlords though seem rather evil. As Nozdormu said in twilight of the aspects, all evil has come because of the Old Gods, seems only to reason that the dreadlords are who they are because of the Old Gods.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Spreading chaos serves only one purpose, to hasten the corruption of the Titan spirit inside Azeroth.
I assume a titan soul (WoW creation) would be so much easier to corrupt than a matured titan (like Sargeras). Moreover, the titan soul resides inside the planet (its core). Some Old Gods are inside the planet. They could have accomplished this easily especially after the Sundering. Don't lame me with: yeah but the dragons and titan protectors bla bla.
Logic therefore dictates that Sargeras is a thrall of the Void Lords. Why else would he not destroy Azeroth?
Logic tells me if Sargeras was indeed a thrall of the Old Gods, the mission would have been completed long ago. I guess Sargeras is having doublethoughts. He's not sure what he wants/should do. Maybe deep inside his essence there is still a struggle. I wouldn't be surprised Legion ending with his redemption.
Pre-WoW, Sargeras' order shifted to chaos and is why he became destructive instead of creative. I've always had this question in mind as to why can't Sargeras easily get to Azeroth and finish his ill agenda when he and his titan pals could just venture throughout the galaxy. Plus, WoW put that splitting of a planet by him as you've mentioned. Now, if the titans used ships like the Eredar too, well.... meh.
As Nozdormu said in twilight of the aspects, all evil has come because of the Old Gods, seems only to reason that the dreadlords are who they are because of the Old Gods.
This Nozdormu creep is what lead Warcraft astray. Why doesn't he just get to the start of time or before to change the coming in existence of the Old Gods? It might be because of or grateful to him that there exist good dreadlords.

Level 24
I assume a titan soul (WoW creation) would be so much easier to corrupt than a matured titan (like Sargeras). Moreover, the titan soul resides inside the planet (its core). Some Old Gods are inside the planet. They could have accomplished this easily especially after the Sundering. Don't lame me with: yeah but the dragons and titan protectors bla bla.

You don't need to assume anything, as we find out in the Chronicles the Old Gods were created in order to corrupt sleeping titan spirits inside cores of planets as they were unable to sway Aman'Thul and his boys.

Logic tells me if Sargeras was indeed a thrall of the Old Gods, the mission would have been completed long ago. I guess Sargeras is having doublethoughts. He's not sure what he wants/should do. Maybe deep inside his essence there is still a struggle. I wouldn't be surprised Legion ending with his redemption.

I would guess rather that the easiest answer is that since Azeroth is more powerful than Sargeras it will end with a battle between the two and Azeroth ends victorious by slaying Sargeras.

Pre-WoW, Sargeras' order shifted to chaos and is why he became destructive instead of creative. I've always had this question in mind as to why can't Sargeras easily get to Azeroth and finish his ill agenda when he and his titan pals could just venture throughout the galaxy.

As we see proof of in the death of Kil'Jaeden cinematic Sargeras was able to instantly get to Azeroth for the past 10,000 years at least. (Prior to that he knew not the location of Azeroth.)

Plus, WoW put that splitting of a planet by him as you've mentioned. Now, if the titans used ships like the Eredar too, well.... meh.

This Nozdormu creep is what lead Warcraft astray. Why doesn't he just get to the start of time or before to change the coming in existence of the Old Gods? It might be because of or grateful to him that there exist good dreadlords.

Because the Old Gods were created by the Void Lords who Nozdormu can't reach and Nozdormu would be no match for a full-powered Old God. To put their power into perspective, when they were in their prison, weakened to a absurd point they were still capable of shattering time so harshly that Nozdormu needed to call all copies of himself from all alternate timelines he could find just to keep the world intact. And remember they were weakened and chained to a prison and they still wielded this power. If facing their full might there is no realistic scenario where Nozdormu would stand against an Old God for even 2 seconds.

I think a problem people have is to understand that what you see in a in-game boss battle is not always representative of what the real story would be. For instance just a weak ago Jesse Cox and Erik Hraab (aka WowCrendor) had an interview with a senior developer from Blizzard and he said that without the Aspects we would never have stood a chance against Deathwing. But if you look at the actual battle against the Madness of Deathwing it seems like we're doing 90% of the job. All the aspects do is give us buffs and zap down the final 5% of Deathwings health. In reality from a story perspective however the aspects were without a doubt the main force which allowed us to fight Deathwing as the game developers themselves said just less than a week ago. The Aspects would be the ones clashing, clawing, biting and assaulted Deathwing and we'd struggle to do any difference at all. The game however puts us at the centre because otherwise we as players would not have a good experience if we were just nameless nobodies.

The same would probably be true for the Yogg-Saron fight, in it we see the four Titan Keepers who assist us stand around and do almost nothing, just every two minutes or so throw their hammer, but is it realistic to think they did only that from a story perspective? More likely the four of them were the ones who did all the fighting and all we did was keep Yogg-Sarons tentacles and minions of their backs but once again from a gameplay perspective you can't do that because that's not what the fans want to see.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
since Azeroth is more powerful than Sargeras
That still doesn't answer the question as to why Sargeras isn't able to slice the planet in two. How do you prove that the planet is more powerful than the titan!? How do you define power between the two?
Also, that's not really the best move. Sargeras dead means one step only. The Old Gods and the Void Lords are still there, right? Plus, where the Great Beyond are the other titans? Aren't they seeing what's happening in their precious universe? Or are they all enslaved by the Void Lords and we expect Azeroth to win against 99% of the universe?
Sargeras was able to instantly get to Azeroth for the past 10,000 years at least. (Prior to that he knew not the location of Azeroth.)
Really!? Then why didn't he slice the planet in two and then corrupt the soul :D? I'm saying, he could have just erased life on it and then leave the Old Gods to easier commence the corruption. But do you remember in RoC's manual that it took a lot of energy for him to pass through to the planet? I'm guessing this voyage from a planet to the other isn't just done with/in a blink of an eye. What's interesting is, how do the titans travel from a planet to the other? If they have no ship, do they open up portals? If yes, how so without a reference point to the side they are supposed to get to?
And remember they were weakened and chained to a prison and they still wielded this power
The Olgods or the Vlords? You're saying the actual basis battle is being held at the beginning of time? Funny thing is that Nozdormu wasn't even in existence when the V-lords were live and kicking. If they can change/affect time, then they've already won because the future and present are made by the past.
I think a problem people have is to understand that what you see in a in-game boss battle is not always representative of what the real story would be.
Obviously. Gameplay can only go so far.

Level 24
That still doesn't answer the question as to why Sargeras isn't able to slice the planet in two. How do you prove that the planet is more powerful than the titan!? How do you define power between the two?

Well Azeroth is currently sleeping or being born as it were so lets draw the parallel with humans, I could never beat Dwayne Johnson (aka. the Rock) but I could kill him in his sleep and that's basically what Sargeras is attempting to do with Azeroth.

Also, that's not really the best move. Sargeras dead means one step only. The Old Gods and the Void Lords are still there, right?

Point one to that, we know the next expansion is almost bound to be centred around the void considering some of the models in 7.3.

638291.jpg

The Void Lords are up to something, second is that Legion is basically just TBC 2.0 do we really need another expansion centred around Sargeras, that would feel a bit like overkill.

Plus, where the Great Beyond are the other titans? Aren't they seeing what's happening in their precious universe? Or are they all enslaved by the Void Lords and we expect Azeroth to win against 99% of the universe?

No they are dead and their spirits are being tortured by Sargeras in fact here are their models who will serve as raid bosses in 7.3.

638296.jpg

638341.jpg

638340.jpg

638328.jpg

638288.jpg

638286.jpg

Really!? Then why didn't he slice the planet in two and then corrupt the soul :D?

Logical coclusion is that he's a thrall of the Void Lords.

I'm saying, he could have just erased life on it and then leave the Old Gods to easier commence the corruption. But do you remember in RoC's manual that it took a lot of energy for him to pass through to the planet?

Although it seems somewhat fair to assume that they'd gather that energy sometime during the past 10,000 considering that the highbourne and Mannoroth working togheter were able to almost pull it of, until Malfurion messed it all up that is.

I'm guessing this voyage from a planet to the other isn't just done with/in a blink of an eye. What's interesting is, how do the titans travel from a planet to the other? If they have no ship, do they open up portals? If yes, how so without a reference point to the side they are supposed to get to?

How we don't know aside from Sargeras, who had a key to all worlds enabling him to transport anything and everything he wants instantly, if Illidan could use it to transport the planet of Argus then Sargeras should be able to use it to transport himself yet he never did.

The Olgods or the Vlords?

The Old Gods, C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, N'Zoth and Y'Shaarj, although I'm questioning how much Y'Shaarj actually did as he was... ya know... deadish.

You're saying the actual basis battle is being held at the beginning of time? Funny thing is that Nozdormu wasn't even in existence when the V-lords were live and kicking.

They are still alive and kicking acourding to Xal'atath. Not to mention no source ever said they died.

If they can change/affect time, then they've already won because the future and present are made by the past.

They didn't travel in time they merely shook it to its very foundations.

Obviously. Gameplay can only go so far.

Sad thing isn't it.

Level 24
Actually they are raid bosses as you can see here: 7.3 Argus Raid, Dungeon, and World Bosses Abilities and Loot Preview

Well at least, Eonar the Lifebinder and Aggramar are raid bosses. Along with another Titan named Argus the Unmaker. Seems like there was a Titan spirit inside of Argus. And to further Sargeras's relation with the Void Lords just look at the second boss, hounds of Sargeras who are quite obviously Void Hounds.

638318.jpg

Level 34
Hmm, i was aware of Argus and the corrupted Agrammar beign bosses, but Eonar is a surprise (also from your post i assume that you were talking of all the titans, since you post pics of all of them); also i belive that Argus is an artificial Titan, like a vessel for Sargeras, because there is a guy called the "titan builder"

Level 24
Hmm, i was aware of Argus and the corrupted Agrammar beign bosses, but Eonar is a surprise (also from your post i assume that you were talking of all the titans, since you post pics of all of them); also i belive that Argus is an artificial Titan, like a vessel for Sargeras, because there is a guy called the "titan builder"

I had actually been told all of them would be bosses but that was wrong turns out only three titans will serve as raid bosses. As for the so called "titan builder" I have no idea I've never heard of such a thing.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well Azeroth is currently sleeping or being born as it were so lets draw the parallel with humans, I could never beat Dwayne Johnson (aka. the Rock) but I could kill him in his sleep and that's basically what Sargeras is attempting to do with Azeroth.
What are you talking about? What do you mean it's sleeping? Do you mean the titan soul that would become a titan far more powerful than Sargeras? How does anyone even know that? The soul is not even fully matured. By the way, if a soul becomes a titan, does that mean it's bye bye for that planet? That would be logical since it would lose its metal core. But remember that the Sundering was a huge blow to the planet's overall power. I don't understand how Azeroth is still powerful after all it's been through...
Point one to that, we know the next expansion is almost bound to be centred around the void considering some of the models in 7.3.
Oh crap, that looks like Legacy of the Void's clones. I hope players won't get to battle dead or copied characters....
No they are dead and their spirits are being tortured by Sargeras in fact here are their models who will serve as raid bosses in 7.3.
Sargeras got the whole Pantheon? Really!? How did that happen. Would you mind telling my lazy self, please?
Are those undead titans? What in blazes? Titans aren't supposed to be technically living as they are not made from flesh. They're some sort of robots if you will. But, hmm... so, the souls are still inside their respective bodies?
How we don't know aside from Sargeras, who had a key to all worlds enabling him to transport anything and everything he wants instantly, if Illidan could use it to transport the planet of Argus then Sargeras should be able to use it to transport himself yet he never did.
He never did because the stupid Void Lords thought it would be better to keep him in a galaxy far far away while sending imbecile minions to wipe the floors?
I don't like this key stuff at all, it's stinks of a Mcguffin/Deus ex Machina (like the Keystone from Legacy of the Void).
They didn't travel in time they merely shook it to its very foundations.
Meaning? At least in their favour? I doubt Nozdormu would be the only creature to possess such plot destroying power. Is the universe lucky enough for none of the evil counterparts to hold such ability?

I doubt there would be a need for a vessel to help Sargeras as his body wasn't destroyed was it, as far as I know. It was an avatar Medivh's mother fought, not him directly or did they change that in Legion?

Level 34
As for the so called "titan builder" I have no idea I've never heard of such a thing.

That's Kin'garoth:
Captura.JPG

I doubt there would be a need for a vessel to help Sargeras as his body wasn't destroyed was it, as far as I know. It was an avatar Medivh's mother fought, not him directly or did they change that in Legion?
I'm supposing that Sargeras has beens weakened somehow, maybe that's the real reason why he only sends his lieutenants and avatars to do the dirty job for him : p (maybe his titan body is too deteriorated since his corruption

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
maybe his titan body is too deteriorated since his corruption
And the Void Lords would need a weakling? If any weakness would be suspected, the Eredar/demons would surely seize the opportunity. Maybe, that's what Archimonde wanted to do after taking the World Tree's power?

Titan Builder... So, then, artificial titans? What soul/energy to make them work? Void? These sound like golems.

Level 24
What are you talking about? What do you mean it's sleeping? Do you mean the titan soul that would become a titan far more powerful than Sargeras? How does anyone even know that? The soul is not even fully matured.

Because Aman'Thul said it.

By the way, if a soul becomes a titan, does that mean it's bye bye for that planet?

Ask Eonar or someone I don't know the answer to that, we've never witnessed the birth of a Titan.

That would be logical since it would lose its metal core. But remember that the Sundering was a huge blow to the planet's overall power. I don't understand how Azeroth is still powerful after all it's been through...

I don't know if it's weakened the planet may be a bit more chaotic with the Maelstrom in the middle but weaker, where are you getting that from? The continents on Earth has separated but our planet's not more fragile because we don't have Pangea any more.

Oh crap, that looks like Legacy of the Void's clones. I hope players won't get to battle dead or copied characters....

Corrupted Alleria is a LotV clone?

Sargeras got the whole Pantheon? Really!? How did that happen. Would you mind telling my lazy self, please?

No f-ing clue, last time I checked Wrathion ate Aman'Thuls soul. This is all we know, "Shivarra Priestesses, tasked with torturing and brainwashing the souls of the mighty Titans, assault the raid together from within their temple, deep within the core of Argus." source: The Coven of Shivarra - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

Are those undead titans? What in blazes? Titans aren't supposed to be technically living as they are not made from flesh. They're some sort of robots if you will. But, hmm... so, the souls are still inside their respective bodies?

Actually after their bodies were destroyed by Sargeras they passed on into the Titan keepers on Azeroth Eonars soul wen't into Freja for instance and that's how she was able to bless Ysera and Alexstrasza with the powers of the Titans.

He never did because the stupid Void Lords thought it would be better to keep him in a galaxy far far away while sending imbecile minions to wipe the floors?
I don't like this key stuff at all, it's stinks of a Mcguffin/Deus ex Machina (like the Keystone from Legacy of the Void).

Wow, you have got a hard-on for SC2 today. :D Yeah the key is confucing as shit it used to be a key to all Legion world but then the lore got changed for the benefit of the cinematic and I have no bloody clue how it works any more...

Meaning? At least in their favour? I doubt Nozdormu would be the only creature to possess such plot destroying power. Is the universe lucky enough for none of the evil counterparts to hold such ability?

We don't know yet. We've never seen any Old God travel in time, if they could why not simple jump from the time of the Black Empire to our timeline and wipe all of creation out in two minutes. The Old Gods did have Murozond but with the help of Nozdormu we wiped the floor with him.

Nope Aegwynn wiped the floor with the Avatar and to our knowledge she's still alive and may even be in her prime. During last BlizzCon at the Q&A when asked like every BlizzCon "Where's Med'an" they answered that what happened in the comics were not cannon. Which means that even though Med'an did not exist that means that Aegwynn never gave her life to save her grandson. It was also in the comics we learned that she was ageing so she may as well still function as a 20-year old even though she served as a guardian of Tirisfall for over 1,000 years.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm beaten.

I'm supposing that Sargeras has beens weakened somehow, maybe that's the real reason why he only sends his lieutenants and avatars to do the dirty job for him : p (maybe his titan body is too deteriorated since his corruption

Weakened... then why did he attempt to step into Azeroth during the War of the Ancients?

And the Void Lords would need a weakling?

Actually they're desperatly looking for Titans of any sort, that's why the Old Gods exist, to corrupt Titans.

If any weakness would be suspected, the Eredar/demons would surely seize the opportunity. Maybe, that's what Archimonde wanted to do after taking the World Tree's power?

"I never thought Sargeras could be beaten" -Kil'Jaeden

Titan Builder... So, then, artificial titans? What soul/energy to make them work? Void? These sound like golems.

Interesting question, maybe he was able to recreate whatever a titan soul is made of in the first place, maybe it is an attempt to create a Titan by the Old Gods.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
he continents on Earth has separated but our planet's not more fragile because we don't have Pangea any more.
Yes it is. The Well of Eternity's power is power of the planet. Any source of power that drains or is affected makes the planet overall weaker. The World Tree was damaged during RoC too.
Corrupted Alleria is a LotV clone?
I mean, the same idea. Come on.... my English is not that bad.
"I never thought Sargeras could be beaten" -Kil'Jaeden
Kil'Jaeden was always keeping it in the shadows while Archimonde was reckless but brave and powerful.

Level 24
Oh, alright then. They retconned it in WoW. Didn't know. So, isn't it weird? I mean Old Gods becoming their own destruction?

I don't know if that ever remotely happened though. During War of the Ancients the Old Gods attempted to use the Well to summon Sargeras to Azeroth and now we find out that Sargeras has had the key to all worlds in his possessions all this time which means he has had the power to destroy Azeroth all this time yet never used it. All he has ever done has only hastened the corruption of the planet of Azeroth which means the only thing he has ever achieved is to the benefit of the Old Gods. All he has ever done has only hastened the corruption of the planet of Azeroth which means the only thing he has ever achieved is to the benefit of the Old Gods. Seems like the only logical conclusion is that he's a thrall.

Level 24
Great but what about the other titans which are enslaved? All I'm saying, everything is happening so slowly because of retcons and plot elongation.

We'll just have to wait and see as the PTR unravels, we have seen models of all the Titans so they seem to have some form of part to play in the plot.

Level 9
I have a question....

Why do WE(azerothian deizens) always win whatever the Void Lords/Legion sends at us!??!

I mean we warded off the Legion, had a rumble with the Lich King(created by the Legion, and indirectly supposed to be a pawn of the Void Lords which i think he was, possibly a pawn of YoggSaron), then we had a freaking cataclysm, then pandaria pops us and revealed Ysharrj and Mogus. Then timeline problems and an alternate Draneor was seen invading us while the Legion invades... again. Perhaps WoW could end with Azeroth destroyed...

I have a question....

Why do WE(azerothian deizens) always win whatever the Void Lords/Legion sends at us!??!

I mean we warded off the Legion, had a rumble with the Lich King(created by the Legion, and indirectly supposed to be a pawn of the Void Lords which i think he was, possibly a pawn of YoggSaron), then we had a freaking cataclysm, then pandaria pops us and revealed Ysharrj and Mogus. Then timeline problems and an alternate Draneor was seen invading us while the Legion invades... again. Perhaps WoW could end with Azeroth destroyed...

My dear donkey/whatever fellow :]

It is something we call lazy or rather bad writing.

It was done ever since Cataclysm and it will certainly be done until either expansion plots end or Blizz milked off WoW for good.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Couldn't find anything more recent, but I don't think the development has changed too much.
WoW subscribers/players numbers | Statista

As you can see, the number of WoW players is declining.
The rise you can see in Q4 2014 was due to the release of Warlords of Draenor at that point.
I expect similar rises for every other addon that was added afterwards.

Anyway, WoW is, economically, a cash cow for Blizzard, just like all successful MMOs are.
Yes, it is going down, but it will get replaced by something like WoW2 eventually, I would assume.

Level 9
off topic: WoW is going down, i believe..

Ontopic: I think Loxthraxion(or whatever that dreadlord) was also evil until he met Turalyon or some Narru who infused him with light and found what his true "destiny "was

Level 6
They are evil ever since, they fight both the void and the light, neutrally they are. They only function just like minions in Despicable Me, they always need a master.

To give more strength to the fact that this is true, demons are products of war between light and shadow, but we still do not know who created these races, and I think it is a titan, since we destroyed Nathreza, which may have a titan or world soul in it.

To this day, Sargeras might have kept many of these Nathrezim, tothrezim, annihilans, and others, out of play, out of Argus, so he has plans of 'apparently' and 'seemingly' true to be jailed, maybe he likes to play as our jailor, so we have to lose focus on Legion and he will wait for us to fight and fight the old gods tirelessly, and when he sees we are so much wartorn and weakened and had many losses on old god wars, he then strikes and reveals these beings at full force.

Level 9
Well maybe they are misunderstood,probably the majority of nethrazim
were good and were enslaved by their brainwashed brothers,"oh but they are evil by nature,it says it the lore" thats like saying all eredar are evil by nature well what about Valen he is a Eredar Draenei,what about Mag'Har orcs what are they considered evil because of their orc heritage,and least why are humans the purest,most innocent race on the planet,hell even the gnomes have leper gnomes which makes them more evil than humans!

Status
Not open for further replies.