• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Were did my map go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
WW3 City Scape v4.7.4

that's my map, the latest verstion, all that i can find is WW3 City Scape v4.7.3. haven't worked on that version in a month.... I'm on windows 10 and i did install the update.(1.27) Cant find the map any were not even in the recycling bin. I do have avast ran it today said it didn't find anything.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you mean finding it in the Hive Workshop map section then it may have been removed by moderators for one or more reasons.

If you mean you cannot find it on your hard disk then it either has its permissions set wrong or has been permanently deleted. Try opening the folder where you saved it in explorer (not internet explorer) and seeing if you can see it there. You could try changing the various file settings from control panel to show more kinds of files which are usually hidden. If it shows with a lock icon on it then you need to modify its permissions so your account has read and write permission.

If your Windows 10 recently updated check that the file has not been marked for removal by mistake as part of one of the updates. All such files are placed for ~30 days in backup folders on your C drive. These backup folders are then permanently deleted after 30 days or so. Normally data files will be left untouched by this, but that is not always the case.

If you use JNGP then check its backup folder for a copy of the map. It saves a copy every time you save up to some backup limit after which oldest is replaced with newest.

Level 9
is this a windows 10 error?
or an upgrade 1.27 error, and how could it of been deleted? how is that possible?
I'm going to fiddle with the setting in control panel but other than that it just vanished....

EDIT: Found it, I had to to do a system restore, i guess that means a windows update deleted it? so odd.... any way did a system restore and saved it to a flash drive... perhaps it was my anti virus? thoughts? why did this even happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
is this a windows 10 error?
No, I had no such problems.

or an upgrade 1.27 error, and how could it of been deleted? how is that possible?
Found it, I had to to do a system restore, i guess that means a windows update deleted it? so odd.... any way did a system restore and saved it to a flash drive... perhaps it was my anti virus? thoughts? why did this even happen?
Did you check file permissions? It could have been there all the time just not readable by your user account. You would have had to change its file permission using administrator rights to include your user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.