• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weird desync and replay viewer acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I started viewing replays of desyncs once again and noticed something strange this time. Towards the end of the game only orange was moving. I viewed the replay again but then noticed only dark green and brown were moving. Viewed it again and other people were moving. That's when I realized that each time I viewed the replay, pink was at a different location at the same point in the game (see pics below - for pic 2 i believe pink's rifleman was loaded into the flying machine). Also If you take a closer look you can see that brown has different items in picture 1 and picture 2. The game finally desyncs at 30:17 and shows the player desynced messages, but based on this evidence I think it's pretty clear the actual desync occured a while ago.

Game1-Game-State1.png
Game2-Game-State2.png
Game3-Game-State3.png

I always thought replays simply show one game state, but it seems that a single replay can diverge into multiple game states.

Also I find it strange that I didn't see any desync messages until the very end of the game. I'm guessing a desync occured during the later middle of the game but it was undetected by the server? Were there multiple game states running simultaneously in the actual game? Maybe the replay viewer is broken? Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.