• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Weird Bug/Problems Occurring With My Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm not quite sure if this is the right area for this question, but if it's wrong, I apologize sincerely. And please move it to the right forum. Thank you!

The map I've been working on has been in development since Reign of Chaos, so it started off as a Original World Editor map. As of 2009, development moved to JassNewGen. And then as of Patch v1.28, it rendered JassNewGen useless.

I've used SharpCraft since then. I save the map and when playtesting all of a sudden the Map Initialization and some random end-game triggers no longer work. Previous versions of the map had these triggers working before and after saving it in SharpCraft for some reason? Although, after the most recent v1.28 patch, saving it in SharpCraft, I assume messed up the triggers. Or the recent v1.28 patch messed up the map somehow.

Here's another strange thing, any future triggers I make somehow doesn't work either. Tested in both SharpCraft and Normal WEditor. Nothing new works. A new simple trigger I made for testing:

"Untitled Trigger 001 Copy
Events
Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: 222
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Playable map area) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)"

doesn't work at all. I didn't get the message nor the spfx appearing. However, all the old triggers that were made before v1.28 work fine.

Now a very peculiar thing happened when I did some tests, upon putting some Actions from the end-game triggers into some random old triggers (even putting it on random Hero Abilities), they do work again.

I've been in a real bind trying to figure out what's going on, and I can't come to any real conclusion. So if it's a bug or no one really knows why, that's ok too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.