1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Weekly Chalenge

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by Idaero Ace, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    New drawing chalenge every week, every Tuesday, theme given by random participant. Everyone can give their opinion for the next theme.

( Oct 14 - Oct 21 ) #3 Natural Scene

history

( Oct 7 - Oct 14 ) #2 Fish Humanoid

#1 Sept 30 - Oct 7

(Sept/30)) #1 Character Design: Angel/Demon Soldier
    Hemske, Idaero Ace, GreeN!X

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I haven't seen this thread. But I think this is a great idea. I don't believe however that it is motivating to choose a "winner" each week. But just keep it like a weekly fun thing. I could join this, if it is enough with just a sketch, I won't have time for full time illustrations.

Let's have you decide the first theme, so this week's theme is Angel/demon soldier, next tuesday someone else can just choose a random theme as well.

I'll join you this week, and hopefully some other people might join and we can make this a thing, what do you think?

3. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i think its good. a quick sketch is enough.
    and you know what? that theme should be for a week ago, maybe i should add the date. maybe that theme will be for this week.

4. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah seeing how the last week from when you opened the thread has already passed, let's use that theme for this week instead.

5. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh crap. Somehow I got in my head that there was supposed to be an angel or a demon only, not a soldier.

Blargh, back to the sketchpad.

Anyway, this is what I was working on, might as well post it.

Demon, sorceress maybe?
    [​IMG]

6. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    already made it? maybe i will make it this night and post it tomorrow

7. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'll be quite busy this weekend so don't know if I get any more time to work on it, but if I do then I'll update it.

Well no rush. Tuesday was the day, right? So take your time :)

8. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This is great. I was planning on drawing a demon powered cowboy superhero. Now I got extra motivation to do so. ^^
    Is a WIP mandatory? or can I just submit my final sketch without any other previous submissions?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  9. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, this is only for fun so WIP is not necessary.

10. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    IMG_7271 (Small).JPG
    Not have much time to complete it because of exams.
    Anyone have decide the next theme?

11. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I started a few days ago but I really couldn't think of anything until this morning. So, here's mine. I really had fun drawing the gun but the angel kinda got ruined when I drew her face. Now she looks like kim possible. -3-

Untitled.png

12. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nice guys.
    Idaero, do you build up your characters with basic shapes first or head straight into the fleshing out/clothing? I feel like your character is in different perspective from itself. The side closest to us looks a lot like she is turned towards us, but the further shoulder looks like it is in almost sideview. But apart from that, looking good. Her hand-wraps/gloves are pretty awesome.
    Greenix, nice! I've never seen your stuff before, I look forward to see more. You got very clean sketches.

Guys I'd throw in next weeks theme. Let's say fish humanoids! Sounds good?

13. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL, I'm a noob :)
    Let me remember... I guess I didn't make the basic shapes. But I just learned to use some proper basic shapes yesterday, so next time it will be better. Thanks for telling me
    And GreeN!X said that he will be not able to join us this time. Hope there is new participant.

14. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well just keep practicing. I know myself how much it changes just by drawing a box for the ribcage and the hips. My stuff look like utter crap if I don't do that first. Some day you'll be able to skip that, but in the beginning I think it really is important.

Oh too bad, let's hope so.

15. smoopa

smoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any updates on the next theme? :)

16. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really. But maybe you can choose next theme. Or Hemske, or me, or GreeN!X. Or random guy who visit this thread.

17. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah anyone can just throw a theme in there.

Here is my drawing for this week's theme though. I went with a chinese monk-shark guy.

[​IMG]

18. smoopa

smoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice work dude, I'll try to get mine done today before I head off for thanksgiving dinner :D

Koi hydromancer :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  19. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I can't upload it today :(
    I tried to draw mermaid yesterday and I believe I forgot how to draw after I finished my exams, so I started to draw some basics again.
    Maybe I will set the deadline to 11PM GMT.
    That monk doesn't look like a shark, looks like a monk with funny hair style, lol. Maybe it should be more sharky. And the koi, I only have saw white-orange koi, so first one I saw it, it looks like a seal, lol. I love the costume.

IMG_7459.JPG IMG_7460.JPG IMG_7461.JPG IMG_7462.JPG IMG_7463.JPG
    First image is the main, second is Arlong from One Piece, third is my failed draw, fourth is Sangheili, it doesnt look like a fish and it is not a fish. But first time i saw it, i thought its a fish, so just say its a fish. And the fourth is a mermaid chibi

About next theme, how about a Disney character? or maybe mage/wizard/witch? I guess its to broad...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  20. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Next theme is decided by me!!!
    So the next theme is Nature Scene