• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Websites to note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've found Hive to be the most comfortable WC3 modding site to move around it. I mean, everything is organized and it has a lot of active users.

Recently, I noticed that I've seen and got all of the models I needed but I found myself needing more. The request section isn't too reliable. :p So, if you guys know of any sites that provides WC3 resources then please inform me about it. I'm not trying to avert the interest of people away from hive, I just want a fresh new garden to explore and forage from.
Here are the ones I currently know of:

wc3c: Site speaks for itself. Great models and harbors amazing doodads.

wc3r: Home of game rips other things I'd rather not mention. They have some mind blowing attachments.

XGM: Discovered this one yesterday. Its a Russian website that I had fun exploring. I got to sail Russian seas thanks to google translate. They have a shitload of models not present here. This is a paradise for wow rips such as icons and models. I didn't know WoW models were so...smexy; I don't play WoW. ):

Sidenote: If any of you happen to go to XGM, can anyone check on a model called Godspaladin? I couldn't tell if it was ripped or not. All I know is that it has awesome textures and ogre animations.

TL;DR I need sites that provides custom resources for WC3.

I'll put the other websites that you guys will mention here for the benefit and reference of those who are looking for a wider array of sites to extract vespene gas.

Level 15
Unless the Hive is affiliated with a site, then I believe it's against the rules to discuss them. And most WC3 sites aren't affiliated with the Hive, seeing as how a lot of them are just a bunch of 13 year old kids who take models out of maps and post them to their database (even though they all suck).

Level 4
Unless the Hive is affiliated with a site, then I believe it's against the rules to discuss them. And most WC3 sites aren't affiliated with the Hive, seeing as how a lot of them are just a bunch of 13 year old kids who take models out of maps and post them to their database (even though they all suck).

Ugh, so it's against the rules? Damn. >_> So google is my only friend. My unreliable friend.

Level 4
Honestly, other than Hive, WC3C, and theHelper, WC3 modding sites are all basically trash.

Well, two days ago I would've agreed with that, but upon my discovery of non-english speaking sites that holds some great non-ripped models that weren't here, I started looking for other sites that might hold treasures like the ones I saw there. Meh, I guess I'll just browse around in model comments. It's how I found out about XGM. :p

Level 35
The system is trying to silence you!

RESIST THE OPPRESSION! SPEAK OUT YOUR MIND COMRADE!

Seriously though, XGM is shit. Sure, they have some eccentric models, but they're surrounded by stolen models, WoW rips and half-done trash. Pretty much against the Hive's policy, we even had conflicts with them because they stole some stuff from a highly respected modeler's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.