• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, I'm trying to make a cityscape that's been abandoned by the human population, and I wanted to make it feel a little more like it actually was, so I wanted to try and get some pieces of trash to move around.
I originally was going to make a model of a doodad like a the bats or birds models and change them to fit my needs, but then I thought maybe it would be possible to change one of the weather effects, like the wind, to disply that model instead.
So does anyone know if this is possible?

Level 6
I think wind itself is a model that you can repleace

Well, people have told me they changed the snow flakes into something more realistic, but I have no idea what model the wind uses.

Right now I'm using the Bat doodad and changing their appearence so that they flap around like it's windy. I think I'm going to just try and make a few of those as units or something and have them move around the city, although it might look kind of odd to have a bunch of trash flying around in a bunch of directions. Oh well I'll figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.