• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Weaponless Generic RPG Heroes needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
There's a few of them on the hive here but at 300~400kb and using custom textures they're not the most space-saving models.

I was hoping someone could at least point me out to a few models like Elven, Human, Goblin heroes made to have things attached to them. Generic RPG hero styles. I'm sure with the number of ORPGs people are making there's a few. Perhaps someone could lend me some or point some out to me? They're not for an ORPG but rather for a Roleplay DMing map that could benefit from players and DMs being able to stylize heroes with their own personal touch.

Thanks much. The map currently uses Night Elf, Elf, Human, Undead, Tauren and Troll. Generic versions of these heroes without attachments would be great. I understand if the Tauren and Troll might be difficult and not work well with attachments. They're not a necessity.

Level 18
No offense but you simply ask somone for rpg models wich are made to use attachments yet models that are already made here on the hive with a custom texture. I dont see anyone making you a new one rpg model wich already has been made and looks better than with one using a ingame texture. Goodluck finding somone though. Btw 300-400 is not that much since a map can be 8mb now.

Level 13
Regardless of the max file size of maps now-a-days people will still have to wait to DL the map. Simply because you can bloat a file size doesn't always mean you should.

if a 150kb skin looks somewhat better than a 40kb of the exact same thing does that mean I should use the 150kb skin? I compress my skins accordingly.

Anyways, I'm actually not really interested in anyone making me anything. That'd take longer than I'd care to wait for, like you said, a resource that is all over the place.

I'm actually more interested in links or free-floating (non-submitted) resources. I see them in pictures, in games, in general just around the place. Models that you can't find in the model database. Perhaps from other sites, perhaps working but due to CnP or a minor issue or something haven't been submitted.

My qualms with the ones here? Custom texture usage for what could be done with good UV wrapping. Thus a file size brought up unnecessarily. Will I use it? If I can't find anything else, sure. My qualms with simply removing a units weapon? It'd look ridiculous next to the non-removed model. It's a DM map. I could NEVER justify the added 200kb of space just to alpha out or remove the mesh of a model.

So don't get me wrong, I'm not in need of someone making me one. I'm actually in need of pre-made ones. Preferably ones that don't have an enormous file size with them, since they're a minor (Albeit very handy) feature to the map. Something someone may have picked up or have lying around or have links to. If someone wanted to make one I'd be grateful, but it'd be more work than I would be comfortable requesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.