• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weaponless Footman

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A simple shieldless/weaponless footman. :)
Removed Stand - 4 animation

If you want to lessen the filesize just changed the path of this model to "units\human\Footman\Footman" I think, then just delete the weaponless footman portrait

Can be used in RPG games, just attach swords, shields to their respective places.
Left hand for the swords, right hand for the shields.

Please give credit when used. :D

To those who are saying that this can be found anywhere in the requests section: If many people need this kind of model, then why don't we upload it in the models section? So that they won't bother waiting for a reply or for searching this on the requests. But yes, I agree its too simple, well anyway, its the moderator's choice.

Keywords:
Shieldless, No, Shield, Footman, Soldier, Poor, No weapon, Weaponless, Weak, RPG, Attach, swords, and Shields, Foot, Man, SUndalo
Contents

Weaponless Footman (Model)

Weaponless Footman (Model)

Reviews
18:49, 10th Oct 2012 Kwaliti: Not enough changes have been made to the original model. Rejected.

M

18:49, 10th Oct 2012
Kwaliti:

Not enough changes have been made to the original model. Rejected.

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't have enough changes to be approvable on hive.

Yes, it's very useful, but it's something that can be done in about 2-5 minutes, and would be better off posted in a developement thread, or something.

If you want this to be approved, you should improve the model, and not simply remove a couple of things. You could start with the torso; that area leaves plenty of room for improvement, and making chest armor is pretty easy. PM me if you want me to give you some instructions on how to do it.

I think it would really be neat to see a footman with the rest of his armor having the same quality as the helmet, and still having the footman's style.

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't have enough changes to be approvable on hive.

Yes, it's very useful, but it's something that can be done in about 2-5 minutes, and would be better off posted in a developement thread, or something.

If you want this to be approved, you should improve the model, and not simply remove a couple of things. You could start with the torso; that area leaves plenty of room for improvement, and making chest armor is pretty easy. PM me if you want me to give you some instructions on how to do it.

I think it would really be neat to see a footman with the rest of his armor having the same quality as the helmet, and still having the footman's style.

hm.. that is interesting.. reworking the whole footman by using only his helmet wrap..? sounds veery fiddly, but kinda awesome o_O

Well then if many users need it, maybe we should have it in the model section?

What he means is that this model has already been made and uploaded all over the requests forum. If somebody needs it, they can go there and click the latest weaponless request and download somebody's submission, because there's always some moron who doesn't use the search tool and just requests every little thing he wants when it's already been done so many times before, so you're pretty much guratanteed to find a weaponless footman in there somewhere.

What he means is that this model has already been made and uploaded all over the requests forum. If somebody needs it, they can go there and click the latest weaponless request and download somebody's submission, because there's always some moron who doesn't use the search tool and just requests every little thing he wants when it's already been done so many times before, so you're pretty much guratanteed to find a weaponless footman in there somewhere.
Well, what I meant was to put one in the model section. so that when someone needs it, he doesn't have to request it, or search for it in the forums

Level 7
This is waaaaay too simple. This can be done within a couple of seconds, perhaps a minute or two. If this is your first model, then good job! However, Hive people expect to see greater models. Anyway, keep investigating and reading Hive tutorials and soon you'll become a great modeller!

2.5/5.

Holy fuck can all of you just not complain so much? Sure it's simple but you don't have to be so hard on the guy. Who gives a shit if this can be found anywhere? All that matters is that someone can easily find it in this section, download, and use it without having to look "everywhere."

Thank you for the model edit. I see it as useful!

Holy fuck can all of you just not complain so much? Sure it's simple but you don't have to be so hard on the guy. Who gives a shit if this can be found anywhere? All that matters is that someone can easily find it in this section, download, and use it without having to look "everywhere."

Thank you for the model edit. I see it as useful!

Before you start yelling and hating at everyone, you might want to realize that we're only telling him what's true, and with the intention of motivating him to learn to make real models.

Let me tell you the story of how I made models.

It was a dark, stormy night... Actually, I don't know what the time or weather was, but I was a young kid sitting at his computer. I'd been looking at the models on hiveworkshop for a couple of years, downloading every one that I thought looked cool. Finally, I decided "I should make some, that would be cool!" So I checked the tools section and downloaded War3ModelEditor. I messed around for a while, doing whatever. After a few days, I decided it was time to make something. I opened a nerubian, my favorite unit at the time, and changed the textures on the whole thing, applying the dragon texture to it, added particle emitters for fire, and squished the back part of the nerubian until it looked less like an ant. I deleted a few parts of the nerubian, moved a few vertices, then uploaded it to hive. I didn't even change the wrap.

General Frank, a model moderator at the time, moderated it. He's called Frankster, now. He rejected it pretty quickly, and sent me a private message explaining why it was rejected, and that it didn't have a sufficient amount of edits.

I didn't understand why, so I made another nerubian edit, and uploaded it. He rejected that one, too, and sent me another PM.

I got a little bit upset, and stopped trying to make models, because I felt like he was targeting me. I was just a little kid, back then, and wasn't able to accept criticism. The truth was that all I'd done was spend a few minutes moving a few vertices, deleting a few parts, and swapping the texture paths; it may have looked cool to me, but it wasn't good enough to upload.

A couple of years later, when I was more mature, I decided to try to tackle modeling again. This time, I spent more time on it. I didn't want it to be rejected like my other stuff, so I really took the time to make it different, and not just a unit with a couple of deleted parts and stretched mesh. When I uploaded it, Frankster said it was good enough to approve, but he gave it a low rating, and gave me a bunch of advice on ways to improve it. I didn't even know how to do some of the things he told me, because I was really just a newbie who was trying to figure out how to use the editor. Over the next few days, I learned how to do a few things, and continued improving the model. By the time I was done, I'd learned new skills that I could use to make my next model. I made a few models, all of which were pretty simple attachments, but they still had a unique style, and were useful, and I continued to improve them based on criticism.

I could go on to write a whole novel, but long story short criticism resulted in me making models that were actually useful. I'm still a bit of a newbie, since I've only actually spent a couple of weeks every year on modelling, and I always spend the first week just scraping off the rust.

We're criticizing bisnar because we've all been where he is, making simple edits that just aren't approvable, and when our submissions were rejected, we learned new tricks, worked harder, and spent more time on our work, until we finally made something that could be approved.

Level 28
Well said TLI,

@Bisnar, you should practice more on modeling before you submit a resource again, if you really just want to edit models, you can try reading some geomerging tutorials like this one.

But if you wish to bring your modeling dream to a new level(making scratch models) you can try learn some real modeling program like 3d max(or if you can't afford try gmax), maya, blender etc.

Well said TLI,

@Bisnar, you should practice more on modeling before you submit a resource again, if you really just want to edit models, you can try reading some geomerging tutorials like this one.

But if you wish to bring your modeling dream to a new level(making scratch models) you can try learn some real modeling program like 3d max(or if you can't afford try gmax), maya, blender etc.
but I already got one approved D:
here

Well anyway, I promise that I would make better models than this. But mostly attachments, because I don't understand how to animate a model, or also skins.

but I already got one approved D:
here

Well anyway, I promise that I would make better models than this. But mostly attachments, because I don't understand how to animate a model, or also skins.

Attachments are fine, you'll just need to learn how to UVwrap, geomerge, and such, so that you'll have more tricks that you can use to bring out your own style in a model, rather than just rips.

That bandit spear was approvable, sure, but I think you should strive for more than that.

I'll send you a PM teaching you a few things.