• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weapon usage Fire Emblem Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
my friend and i are currently making "Fire Emblem Epic RPG" he and i are n00bs at some of the triggering parts. can someone help tell me the trigger to make a unit unable to attack(as in no attack at all) without a weapon in their slot 1 inventory? for example if the unit Myrmidon has an Iron Sword which has a durability of 46 attacks. after 46 hits, the weapon will break and disappears from your inventory leaving you without any abilites to attack.

Level 9
Two ideas

Hmmm,
Well two simple things would work IMO:
1. Remove targets, make the hero only be able to attack some random type of target and then use an item ability to add in target types.(Like any orb adds in the ability to attack air)
2. Set your heros damage to 0 in its unit data and add damage with a item ability, it can attack but it wont do any damage.
I think number 1 is better...

Level 12
Then have the durability as the number of charges that the item has and after every attack, remove one charge from it. After it has no charges left and you subtract another one, it should automatically be removed. For info on item charges, find RaoDaoZao's Item Stacking System Of Doom in the Tutorial Section, and you should be able to figure it out. GL

Level 7
2. Set your heros damage to 0 in its unit data and add damage with a item ability, it can attack but it wont do any damage.

Isn't it cause your hero to have deals damage equal to their primary attribute??

And if you set the primary attribute to 0 and your base damage are 0 the hero will have no attack commands??

I don't remember if anyone has make an map that unit can't attack will be able to attack when wield an item, all I know is a unit damage is 1-1, 1-2 or something than it improved slightly when use an item

Level 9
Whoopz

Oh ya forgot that :
You would need to set the damage increase per primary stat to 0 in gameplay constants.
And to get damage to be 0-0, set base damage to -1 and dice and sides of dice to 1.

Level 7
kixer you stomped me once and now I stomp you, we are 1-1... But you finish such a map and I always never finish my map... Is this a rivalry??

About this before I was do this (with such an idiotic trigger) one years ago, I use an unit A(if no item) and remove it changed it to unit B if wear item B and it will return to unit A if there's no item such item B-Z equiped, if I remember it works properly with 30++ trigger set off

Level 9
Ontopic

Now now lets stay ontopic :smile:
i think this question has been answered but i got one last point :
If you combine my last suggestion with Cools it might work well but it would require alot of if then elses...
So one unit has 0-0 damage and the item adds damage but when he has no item he is replaced to have no attack at all. But you might have item translation problems...

Level 7
What he need not combine yours and mine trigger but copy from triggers that has been wrote and works perfectly, maybe we must works hard...

Anyway anybody knows what my signature mean??

Level 9
On Topic Cool!

Please Cool try to stay on topic?
But just to answer your question, i have no idea!

Level 7
I just put some out-topic coz I hate to spamming than I put it inside my other post

How about a hero with no attack and when he have an item inside the inventory (equal to weapon) than change it to unit B that able to attack, you need 2 kind of heroes to make 1
Each weapon have different damage bonus and so on it's over

Level 9
Thats what i said?

That was along the lines of what i suggested? Did i not word it right?

Level 2
well the trigger i meant was like this in the attachment even though its just a modified picture. the unit has no attack unless they have the certain weapon on there please exclude the hero attribute
edit: nevermind the attachment, too big.
pictureelf.jpg

Level 7
Why you not say it from beginning??

Then the last post was right one:
You only need 2 hero, (A)1 without skills and attack and (B)1 with skills and attack. When the hero wield (item) than you remove (A), make (B) at position of (A) then don't forget player 1 picked (B). So the player tricked and don't know if these player are subtitute(don't know how to write these)

Level 8
or you could just make the hero have no attack and the item give a barrage ability like in warships.... with the barage animation as the hero attacking... just a suggestion. then set it so "unit is dealt dmg-attacking unit has item of type XXX- set VARIABLE to: VARIBALE+1" and "if VARIABLE = XXX then destroy item of type carried by hero"

Status
Not open for further replies.