• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

weapon effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey, I'm trying to make an ability like Searing Arrows, only for a sword (engulfing the sword in flames to add bonus damage). I made the ability based off of Searing Arrows, then got rid of the missle art and such, then added the effect that I want and for the attachment point put "weapon". I tried it under Art - Special, and Art - Target, but when I activate the ability, from the way I understand it the weapon should gain the effect, put it dosen't. What am I doing wrong?

ahem. when you click the autocast, it isnt checking the attachment points so it wont work. use triggering. the event unit - issued an order; condition - order equal to flamingarrows; action - add special effect to triggering unit (attachment point: weapon), make that special effect into a variable ~

~Then when you want the effect off, make the same trigger but use Condition - order equal to unflamingarrows; and the Action - remove the special effect (variable of spec. effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.