• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wc3Patch.mpq help!

Do you know how to extract files from Wc3Patch.mpq?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Sorry if this has been asked before but
How do I open Wc3Patch.mpq? I have tried with all the .mpq files programs that I know of and I can't extract and files from it. I really want to learn how to because then I can mod skins from the patch like the firelord skin.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If you are wondering why I put the poll in it is because I want to know how many people know how to and am I just stupid or is this something almost no one knows how to do.

Level 6
Thanks but, I tried that a while ago when I open that tree window thing there is always this little plus sign on the other MPQs that I know of and I click on that to start looking in it for models, but with Wc3Patch.MPQ it isn't there. If you don't understand what I am saying I will try to reword it so it is more clear.

Thanks in advance, and sorry about being a noob. :oops:

Level 6
Ok, so I have the mpq file and I can sort of open it, but when I open the tree viewer it won't let me browse through the files there. Also if you could tell me how to take a screen shot of my screen then I could show you what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes I do know about computers just I have never needed to take a screen shot outside of a game.

Level 6
Ok, this this is what I ment but I am inhancing it with screen shots :lol: . So when I open Wc3Patch.mpq and the open the tree viewer this is what the tree viewer looks like
Burper53-iviewcapture_date_01_10_2004_time_12_16_32.jpg

and this is when I open war3.mpq or war3x.mpq
Burper53-iviewcapture_date_01_10_2004_time_12_17_43.jpg

in the first one the little plus sign was missing, so I can't look through the files in it. Now that I have given you more infomation can you please tell me what I am doing wrong or if it is just something weird with my computer.

Thanks in advnace.

Level 13
Mecheon said:
WC3Viewer doesn't support listfile importing, so don't even make it try to open that particular mpq
Like Mecheon said, even if you got a listfile you wouldn't be able to add it to W3Viewer, the only thing you can do is extract the files using an MPQ opener, like PowerMPQ, WinMPG, Ladik's MPQ Editor etc.

Level 6
OK. I have found out that your listfile does help, but it is missing the first 120 something files. I belive that the firelord is in that and the main thing I wanted was the firelord cause he is so cool. If you have the time PLEASE finish the listfile.

-BloodElf53

Status
Not open for further replies.