• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 Tile Maker by D.O.G. v1.2.1 - Need help/Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,i am tileset maker and recently i found out for real , what features this program has and how actually great it is :D
Since i got stunned about its glory , 1 little problem appeard that totaly broke me down...

Program supports 256x256 resolution which is default wc3 tile resolution . In those days of progress , where people are making higher resolution tiles , i must say it deserves support for 512x512 resolution

That is why i request from programmers on this site to improve this wc3 tool to allow 512x512 resolution support , if that is allowed by the rules since original uploader/creator was last seen in april 2016 year

Original link for tool on forum :

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-tile-maker-by-d-o-g-v1-2-1.201836/

P.S I can show my work , if you need a proof that i can benefit a lot from this tool improvement and hopefully you guys if you like my work . Thanks in advance :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is pointless using low palette tiles bigger than 256*256 due to aliasing. Terrain is only subject to bilinear filtering and not mipmap usage due to the way it is implemented. As such if the texel density becomes greater than the display DPI, aliasing artefacts will occur which are ugly to look at. This is due to Nyquist's sample theorem.

Extended palette tiles are already 256*512 and must be rectangular to load properly. In order to allow seamless extended palette tiles one has to use a power of 2, as such 256*512 is already the best one can do.

If you link the source code I am willing to look into adding support for 512*512 if you really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.