• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 model not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to use the infernal model for a spell, but it's not showing up in game. Inside of WE, it shows just fine. The model isn't custom. I gave it a shadow just to show where it is.
MeteorWE.jpeg

MeteorWC3.jpeg

I'll include the triggers too if it helps.
  • Star Smasher
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R)
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Player - Enable Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R, Unit Spell) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Trigger - Turn on Star Smasher Timer <gen>
      • Countdown Timer - Start Star_Smasher_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 15.00 seconds
      • Set Star_Smasher_C = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[0] = 3
  • Star Smasher 2nd
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R, Unit Spell)
    • Actions
      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[0] = (Star_Smasher_Integer[0] - 1)
      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[1] = (Star_Smasher_Integer[1] + 1)
      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[2] = (Star_Smasher_Integer[2] + 1)
      • Set Star_Smasher_P[Star_Smasher_Integer[2]] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Star Smasher for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Star_Smasher_P[Star_Smasher_Integer[2]] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set Star_Smasher_Boolean[Star_Smasher_Integer[2]] = True
      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer_Timer[Star_Smasher_Integer[2]] = 11
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Star Smasher DPS <gen> is on) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on Star Smasher DPS <gen>
        • If - Conditions
          • Star_Smasher_Integer[0] Less than or equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Run Star Smasher Timer <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        • Else - Actions
  • Star Smasher DPS
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer Star_Smasher_Integer[3]) from 1 to Star_Smasher_Integer[2], do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Star_Smasher_Boolean[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Star_Smasher_Integer_Timer[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] = (Star_Smasher_Integer_Timer[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] - 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • Star_Smasher_Integer_Timer[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] Less than or equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Star_Smasher_Boolean[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] = False
                  • Set Star_Smasher_T = (Units within 300.00 of Star_Smasher_P[Star_Smasher_Integer[3]] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is dead) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit)
                  • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Level of Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R) for Star_Smasher_C)))
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Star_Smasher_T and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Star_Smasher_C to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((200.00 x (Real((Level of Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R) for Star_Smasher_C)))) + ((9.00 x (Real((Level of Star Smasher (New Rhyszard R) for Star_Smasher_C)))) x (Real((Intelligence of Star_Smasher_C (Include bonuses)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Star_Smasher_T)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Star_Smasher_P[udg_Star_Smasher_Integer[3]])
                  • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[1] = (Star_Smasher_Integer[1] - 1)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Star_Smasher_Integer[1] Less than or equal to 0
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                      • Set Star_Smasher_Integer[2] = 0
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Reactions: Yrk
Level 12
Hm could you upload a map with the triggers which shows the issue?

You can do so by Go Advanced -> Manage Attachements and then upload it.

Level 21
I think it isn't visible in game because the animation is set to be non looping. Try ordering the unit to repeatedly play its Birth animation. Alternative way is to import a custom model with looping animation. I could give you that model if you want, but I think there is no need for that, because it can be done with triggers.

Level 5
I think it isn't visible in game because the animation is set to be non looping. Try ordering the unit to repeatedly play its Birth animation. Alternative way is to import a custom model with looping animation. I could give you that model if you want, but I think there is no need for that, because it can be done with triggers.

It worked!!!:ogre_rage:

It was weird because I never had this problem before. Whenever I spawned the dummy unit, it would play its animation at least once, and this time it didn't. The only problem now is that it makes some weird glitch where the meteor can be seen flying upwards for like 0.1 second before it plays its normal animation. But this doesn't bother me right now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.