• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 crush by trigger run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

Hmm sorry I bet this will be a noob question, but if I run the following Trigger with "Run Trigger (Ignore Conditions)" Wc3 close itself when start the trigger and with no error massage or something like that...

• Freezing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Position of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units within 1350.00 of TempPoint1 matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
      • Set SEffect[0] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempArray[(Integer A)] = (TempPoint2 offset by 250.00 towards (36.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempArray[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempArray[GetForLoopIndexA()])
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of TempPoint2 matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1250.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Destroy SEffect[0]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
I think the spell isn't leakfree ok and it don't need to be MUI and the wait is needed here, but why Wc3 close itself? =O

I looked over the trigger - but where is the misstake - give me a tip PLZ! =D

Level 16
Seas =)

I have no other trigger =)

Only the trigger:
  • Freezing On
    • Events
      • Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Run Freezing <gen> (ignoring conditions)
I try to turn this trigger off and add the event "Time - after 5 seconds of game time" to the other trigger. But with this try the trigger doesn't work at all =O

Level 16
Seas =)

Ahh you right - I always forget this picked and matching stuff ;)

But know I got the following trigger:
  • Freezing
    • Events
      • Time - Every 7.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint1 = (Position of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units within 1350.00 of TempPoint1 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint2 using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
      • Set SEffect[0] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempArray[(Integer A)] = (TempPoint2 offset by 250.00 towards (36.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempArray[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempArray[GetForLoopIndexA()])
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of TempPoint2 matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Lord of Icecrone 0003 <gen>)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1250.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Destroy SEffect[0]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
As you see I added 2 "Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test". The first massage will shown ingame but the second not, so the UnitGroup action doesn't work. But why? I always use this custom script "set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true" and got no problems with it. The UnitGroup picking --- the units i want pick are an enemy of him and there are in range ofc to. ~~ What's the fault? =O ( Now there's no crush anymore - but why it doesn't work T_T )

Level 37
Well, try doing it this way:
  • Untitled Trigger 018
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Loc_1 = (Position of Paladin 0099 <gen>)
      • Set Temp_Group_1 = (Units within 1350.00 of Temp_Loc_1 matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of Paladin 0099 <gen>)) Equal to True))
      • Set Temp_Unit_1 = (Random unit from Temp_Group_1)
      • Set Temp_Loc_2 = (Position of Temp_Unit_1)

Level 16
Seas =)

So I'm back again and thanks this one works now correct.

I also find out that this trigger works to:

• TestTrigger
    • Events:
    • Conditions:
    • Actions:
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units within 1350.00 of TempPoint1)) and do Actions:
        • Actions:
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Picked Unit) is an enemy of (Owner of Lord of Icecrone) equal True
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
But I still don't know why my first trigger doesn't work. There isn't any misstake I see .... anyway now I take your way

Thanks again
~ Dr. Boom

Status
Not open for further replies.