• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc2 Sounds (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
About a year ago, a thread discussed the question of legality of distributing copyrighted sounds on Hive. Now Warcraft II has been made available again on GOG, this question is just as topical as ever.
It's tricky: the rules on Hive allow the use of Blizzard material from other games (WoW models, WC2 sounds, etc) in your maps, provided that Blizzard is credited; but the rules also don't allow to discuss piracy matters, and I'm not sure we are legally allowed to distribute thoses resources.. even though it can be found in several custom maps.

If I'm allowed to, I'd be happy to send you the sounds (I have all of them, if you need more than just the pig farm), but maybe it would be best to wait for staff's approval?

Last edited:
Level 23
About a year ago, a thread discussed the question of legality of distributing copyrighted sounds on Hive. Now Warcraft II has been made available again on GOG, this question is just as topical as ever.
It's tricky: the rules on Hive allow the use of Blizzard material from other games (WoW models, WC2 sounds, etc) in your maps, provided that Blizzard is credited; but the rules also don't allow to discuss piracy matters, and I'm not sure we are legally allowed to distribute thoses resources.. even though it can be found in several custom maps.

If I'm allowed to, I'd be happy to send you the sounds (I have all of them, if you need more than just the pig farm), but maybe it would be best to wait for staff's approval?
You can send only the pig farm sound for me privately?
Thank you i need just pig farm sound not all.

Level 21
I know this is not what you asked for, but there is actually an unused Pig Farm sound file in Warcraft 3. The standard PigFarm sound set doesn't work since it mistakenly references the sound file from an incorrect directory. The sound set will work if you import the file and set its path to:
Buildings\Orc\PigFarm\PigFarmWhat1.wav

Attachments

• PigFarmWhat1.rar
    92.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.