• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC2 Elven Ballistae

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Ballista launch steel-tipped bolts to impale all in their path. As they require an awesome amount of force to be placed upon their tremendous bowstrings, these machines of war are reinforced with lumber from the precious Ironwood trees. The Ballista, a product of Human design and Elven craftsmanship, is a symbol of the unity between all those who have allied themselves against the Horde. The Dwarves prove to be another valuable ally, in that they may be employed to design improved missiles which make the Ballista the most devastating weapon of the Alliance.

Credits:
Unicorn Shield Textures by @Moonman
Bow geoset was made by @Triceron

The model was made for Chronicles of the Second War Campaign.
Contents

WC2 Elven Ballistae (Model)

WC2 Elven Ballistae Icon (Icon)

WC2 Elven Ballistae Missile (Model)

WC2 Elven Ballistae Portrait (Model)

Level 18
Hey there!

I have a quick request, if I may!

The model used here is called "ballistamissile.mdx" and therefore overlaps with the other Ballista that was updated as part of the "RoC Siege Engines".

Would it be possible to rename it "ballistaemissile.mdx" please?

Is it something I can do on my end without the model stopping to work?

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
Hey there!

The model used here is called "ballistamissile.mdx" and therefore overlaps with the other Ballista that was updated as part of the "RoC Siege Engines".

I believe you can with the right pathing

Hey there!

you can rename the missile model in whatever way you wish. THis model is used in the Object editor:
Combat Attack section: Missile art model

Level 18
you can rename the missile model in whatever way you wish. THis model is used in the Object editor:
Combat Attack section: Missile art model
I'm sorry my post was very misleading. Yeah I was indeed only speaking about the missile model :p
I do not know how does it finds its texture so I was doubting that I could just rename it.
Thanks for the clarification.

Level 2
Do I have to consider something specific? The shields at the front are not textured after I have imported every file from the download. Some other models that have separate texture files like this billistae don't work either. Any Idea?