• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC:The First War (R) 1.0.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
In the Age of Chaos two forces battle for dominance...Welcome to the World of WarCraft. This a masterful recreation of the First War between the Orcs and Humans which ends the utter destruction of Stormwind and the death of King Llane. The First War (Reimagined) involves a lot of alternative lore and interesting twists to the WarCraft universe, for example:

The Death Knights of Gul'dan can be created earlier than in WarCraft's timeline.

The Lions of Azeroth (similar to the Order of the Silver Hand, but founded in Stormwind / Northshire rather than in Stratholme).

Invasion of Draenor (if Humans destroy Blackrock Spire).

Lordaeron Expedition (arrival of Kingdom of Lordaeron, Dalaran, Stormgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Alterac).

And much much more.

Factions:
Kingdom of Azeroth
Player 2 - Stormwind Army
Player 3 - Goldshire
Player 7 - Moonbrook
Player 8 - Stormwind Navy
Player 9 - Brotherhood of the Horse
Player 10 - Northshire Abbey

Orcish Horde:
Player 1 - Blackrock Clan
Player 4 - Stormreaver & Twilight's Hammer Clan
Player 5 - Sythegore Arm / Orcish Navy
Player 6 - Bleeding Hollow Clan
Player 11 - Shadow Council
Player 12 - Burning Blade & Bonechewer Clan

Credits:
Created by [OpG]TekcoR.

Credits for Models & Skins: HappyTauren, xXm0RpH3usXx, Necrokenis, Dionesiist, AlienAntFarm, FreiBier, Tauer, Whisper, General_Frank and any others I may have forgotten.

This map is optimized/protected.

Update: 5/14/11 - Uploaded new version 1.0.5 that contains several bug fixes and moves heroes to the front line at start of the game.

Update: 4/26/11 - Uploaded new version 1.0.4 that contains several bug fixes discovered after the release of 1.0.

Keywords:
WarCraft, First, War, Azeroth, Orcish, Horde
Contents

WC:The First War (R) 1.0.5 (Map)

Reviews
01:08, 9th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Lacking description (wall of text, how about some colors, screenshots): Template Contact Me

M

01:08, 9th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Lacking description (wall of text, how about some colors, screenshots): Template

Contact Me

Level 7
V3H is currently reviewing, will reply soon.
Please update the description to give a notice to people your map is optimized/protected.

Reduced review until request to review again.

Terrain 3.9/10
Units 4.5/10
Data 3.6/10
Support by two sites +2
Credits listed +1
Gameplay 5/10
Protected/corrupted -10

Overall = 10/40 5+5+3 = 23/45 Final Mark

Extra Marks -
Replay-ability +5
Good introduction +5
Close to the lore +3

Suggestions -
Improve description.
Find more ways to unique-fy your map.
Lag tends to happen some times, I would check triggers/code but I don't want to if your against that.

Will re-review on request.

Last edited:
Level 6
V3H is currently reviewing, will reply soon.
Please update the description to give a notice to people your map is optimized/protected.

Reduced review until request to review again.

Terrain 3.7/10
Units 4.5/10
Data 3.6/10
Support by two sites +2
Credits listed +1
Gameplay 5/10
Protected/corrupted -10

Overall = 9.8/40 5+5+3 = 22.8/45 Final Mark

Extra Marks -
Replay-ability +5
Good introduction +5
Close to the lore +3

Suggestions -
Improve description.
Find more ways to unique-fy your map.
Lag tends to happen some times, I would check triggers/code but I don't want to if your against that.

Will re-review on request.

I must disagree on the terrain, its beautiful terrain, perhaps some pathing errors but 3.7/10? thats a bit low.
There are maps with much worse terrain.

Level 3
I'm a bit shocked myself by such the low rating, the terrain especially doodads are simplified and not numerous due to the large map. Currently right now, there is about 15.5k doodads in the map, and this is kept low to the fact that spamming doodads greatly contributes to the lag later in game.

Why negative points for protected/corrupted map? Just seems like a slap in the face as a creator does not want their work stolen.

Level 7
Was I a bit too harsh?

corrupting your map won't stop it from getting stolen, so why does it matter?
What happens if people want to help you learn when you have something causing lag?

Ask me to re-review if you want a better rating from me..... As well I didn't even give the real review for I couldn't fully test it properly.

Last edited:
Level 2
It would be interesting to get an actual list of the events and things that can be activated. This is due to the fact that most people know at least some of the lore but have no idea how to pull it off.

Also is it a glitch that Guldan apparently absorbs the Tome of Divinity when it only activates if you get Medivh's book. Possibly re-check that event.