• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Way to make wander not suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Wander blows... it is horrible.... i added it to my zombies and they dont actually move around that much... i mean they move but they tend to stay in the same area.... Is there a trigger i can make wander not suck?

Level 7
You could possibly use something like this

• Wander
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Zombie)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
Not too trigger savvy so that would be my first trial on doing a custom wander ability like that.

You could possibly use something like this

• Wander
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Zombie)) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by (Random real number between -500.00 and 500.00) towards (Random angle) degrees))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
Not too trigger savvy so that would be my first trial on doing a custom wander ability like that.
Swap those 2 trigger actions, set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true should be above function.
Also you have memory leaks, location should be destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.