• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Way to fix this desync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am currently working on a system but unfortunately i'm having some desyncs on the GetLocalPlayer() about Cinematic Fade Filters.. When 2 or more User-type players are playing, when 1 player use the system, that player will get disconnected.

I Use:
JASS:
If GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
     call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN, 3.5, "texture.blp", 100,100,100,0)
endif

are there anyways to solve this? Please help me i really need this. This is the only thing is on desync because when I remove this part.. it works fine or the CinematicFadeBJ part...

Level 19
CinematicFadeBJ calls a lot of other functions and one of them might cause a desync
http://www.mappedia.de/wiki/Jass:CinematicFadeBJ
better set the alpha value or the texture localy and then call the function for all players:
JASS:
local string s = "texture.blp"
if GetLocalPlayer() != GetTriggerPlayer() then
    set s = ""
endif
call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN, 3.5, s, 100,100,100,0)
(if that does not work which might be possible since I never messed with fading try setting both alpha and texture localy (and probably fade time) but don't touch the fade type)

Level 21
If you get 2 different filters using this BJ's applied on several local players, you can get some problemes (bugged natives) causing desync. I experimented this in Restricted Complex 601; I get a filter for nightvision, and I used to get a white filter for lightnings; both used at the same time to several players caused desync, for the reason Nightvision was a local filter, whereas lightning was used without GetLocalPlayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.