• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water/Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am currently building a new PC and am building it with the intent to do some over-clocking on it. I was wondering if anybody could give me some more info on water cooling and how much better it is than air cooling, if better. Also I want to know if the water leaking within you computer is a common problem or just an idiot mistake. If anybody has some more info on water cooling I would apprectiate it a lot. I need to know how much, if any, better it is at cooling a PC. Thanks in advance.

Level 21
i was gunna get water cooling on my pc and from what i learnt it works very well and doesnt leak because of the way the pipes and things are made. it is however very expensive. i the end i decided to just buy better (and cheaper) fans which work fine. if you are doing overclocking, especially on a new pc, i think water cooling would be a good idea if you can afford it in your budget.

and if u cant afford water or new fans, try cooking-oil cooling :D

Level 6
Alright, thanks guys!
I did a little research of my own, and I think I have decided against it. Like GST said, it is pretty expensive so I think I will just air cool until later. Thanks again though.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Water cooling is good if your are in a hot county or you have many PCs near each other or want your PC to be very soft (water cooling produces near no noise). I also think it is more energy efficent.

On the down side air cooling is cheaper and in normal countries like scotland it is able to keep your PC cool with moderate overclocks (no 4GHZ dual cores but then again water can not do that eithor).

I still say air unless your aiming for a hyper modern PC and have a system already made for water cooling.

Level 36
Water cooling... is expensive. Hands down. Not only are all of the waterblocks and sinks expensive, but so are the fans and radiators, and cooling fluid that you have to drain and replace every now and again.

Really, if you can get by with air cooling, just do that. Unless you want to SERIOUSLY overclock your rig, you have no use for water cooling and its just wasted effort and a lot of wasted cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.