• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Water Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright, in a few maps, I've seen water, without using the deep water/shallow water crap. It was used with the terrain height adjusters, b/c when I looked at a map with it, I could adjust where it was water, by lowering the height on any area of land on the map. I am sure this is a simple thing, that I have just overlooked, but I still would like some help no this. Thanks. :wink:

Level 6

woa, we need a little more description, but I think I know what you mean. You mean like without using the cliffs and stuff right? To do that, you have to initially start the map in the water. create the whole map to be placed submerged, then use the raise terrain tool to bring up those areas that you want to be the land. this way, you can also use the lower terrain tool to bring it back down to the water level, or not raise it at all. hope that helps.
-Blue

Level 3
Screw, what if I already started my map(Terrain nearly 85% done). If I do what you say, will it not screw up my map? And yes, I mean without using cliff adjustments, just using the Raise Terrain tool/Lower Terrain.

Level 10
well you could use just one square for deep water and lower the height so that the water flows in... or something.. correct me if im wrong. i dont really understand what you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.