• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Water base colors. [?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello, I have a little question. Is it even possible to change the base water color of a map, without having to make a new one?

You know, you can change the water tinting color, but still the water is not the same for The Barrens set, than for Lordaeron set. Not sure if I get to the point.

Level 23
The water tiles however are basically the same for every tileset. The difference between them is only that some are recoloured to different gradients. To control what kind of recolour you want here, you have to choose carefully when starting the map (same with the water height).
I am not totally sure how much you can adjust with the water tint later on, but it gives quite a good effect, too.

For totally natural water, I experienced Lordaeron Summer a good solution.
A forest/deep within the nature solution is most likely Ashenvale.
Barren water's standard is a brown colour that gives a great muddy effect to your surrounding.
As for underground, it is - of course- a red lavaish water, very hard to use, because it does not really loook completely like lava but also very unrealistic in normal terrains. It can has some use when set perfectly for sunrises for example.
There are some other, but I am not entirely sure about those. I remember one being pretty realistic with the right settings aswell.
Hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.