1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Watchtower2.blp

This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A Blood Elf Watch Tower, i replaced the skulls with asian paper lamps, else is CNP, this is a conceptual request for the sketch downthere, i need a modeler to make a Model by using the concept and ill gladly make the skin!

REQUEST
REQUEST
REQUEST!!! PLEASE

Keywords:
orc, blood, elf, high, night, elven, watch, tower, building. guard, arrow, archer
Contents

BloodElfWatchTower (Texture)

Reviews
17:30, 7th Aug 2011 shiiK: I don't think this is useful enough to justify the large amount of CnP. Rejected (until updated).
  1. 17:30, 7th Aug 2011
    shiiK: I don't think this is useful enough to justify the large amount of CnP. Rejected (until updated).

2. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I need a modeler to do a model based in this concept (sketch by me!)

torre.jpg

3. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't you read the rule?
    Only 25% of CnP allowed not full CnP
    Don't compare this to the Naga Catapult

4. TheForsaken

TheForsaken

Resources:
    Resources:
    in my opinion this is a cool tower.. looks like a blood elf gurard tower

5. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    u already shited your self when u sayd DONT COMPARE THIS WITH THE NAGA CATAPULT. and i already said this isnt mine, it belongs to blizzard -.-"!

They should at least make that the rule to: Reject bad shaded/looking/not fitting skins.

And if more than 25% CnP to make the author recognize that it isnt his work but blizzards one work. Aff

THIS IS A REQUEST

6. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    If this is a req, then go to request forum, post the skin (preview) and your skecth, i, or one of my partner will take the request if you posted there

7. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have already posted there, this is a request of course but it is also a skin for the hive, i didnt wanted to waste it.

8. Opaque

Opaque

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol. "Belongs to blizzard" could be used for all the rejected textures to allow them in, there is a reason why the rule states only 25% CnP is allowed because it removes the originality of the resource, if everyone copied and pasted, it would reduce the quality of all skins. Look, im not insulting you as i cant texture myself, yet the rules are the rules, and this is full copy n paste.

9. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    You upload this, then when i tell you that me or one of my partner would do the model, you just made the thread?
    What ever...
    I'll take the req, and my word wasn't meant to insult nor offence to you
    I'm just want to straight up the rules

10. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yes but the idea is to have an use, and else the originality rule should also apply on it!, if a skin looks like other in the hive it should not be approved.

I think that they also have lost the idea of the "utility or use rule"....

11. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now now...
    You say 'originality'?
    Look at the CnP parts...
    Do they Originaly made by you? No
    Do they shaded, &colored by you? No
    And NO OFFENSE TO YOU

12. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes it isnt original, i never sayd it was, but it is usefull, though the only things ive made by myself where the banner and the paper lamps (and that sunny circle over the door)

What i mean is that there should be rules to dont waste good skins just cause of the originality (analize it):

If a work has more than 25% CnP from BLIZZ artwork it should belong to blizzard (or to sammy --the one who did many of the artwork--), and it could be accepted. Else if it results to look like too much as another skin in the hive it should be rejected by the use of the originality rule...

Ill never say this skin is original but it is useful, originality is overated...

13. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well...
    You could talk about this 'originality' to the mods
    if you can make skin, why didn't you make all freehand?
    Why you cnp from other people's work?
    No offense

14. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cause i wanted to keep the Blizz style within the skin. The best way wast to do it CnP, else i could do somethings like the paper lamp, some decoration or anything. If i wanted to go out of style and to create something that had my own style i would have done it, im just working on what i need and consider useful (if u watched the sketch u know what i need).

Are u a modeler?

15. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    didn't you see my sig?

16. solomon409

solomon409

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you ask me, i dont give a rat's ass about Originality, as long as its useful, and the skin isnt duplicated by another on the hive, i think this should be approves. in the past, i have made asian themed skins for the human buildings, but because of originalty, they were rejected, even though people did think it was useful.

17. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yes =P

18. darkdeathknight

darkdeathknight

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You might not give a rats arse but a lot of people do.

19. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yes, it is obvious that those are the ones whom do not do mapping. And through it is cinical to accept models with CnP skins (many models are just a reskin of a model with the path to it). Then why not to set standars for CnP useful skins for the hive?... cinism everywhere