• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warsong Clash 1.1

made by bhusta

WARSONG CLASH 1.1

Map Info

This is an AOS-Type map. It is inspired by maps like Cataclysm, JFA or Scars of War. My intension was to create a lovely looking and easy understandable map.
The two diffrent factions are Horde and Alliance.

Gameplay

1.) You select a hero and fight alongside units.
2.) On every route are control points. You get control if you destroy them.
3.) The goal is to take down the enemy boss to win.

Features

• 5 unique Heroes on each side
  • lovely tarrained map without 'blizzard cliffs'
  • easy item / item upgrade system
  • Teleportation
  • Challenges and Events with Bosses
  • ->Legendary Item Drops
  • Control Points as known from cloudwolf's cataclysm
  • ->a) Control Points can be used to teleport to you base
  • ->a.a) you can teleport from the base to every control point you control
  • ->b) Control Points can be used to build a trebuchet
  • trebuchets can be used to damage enemy towers

Heroes

144287-albums4046-picture39770.jpg

144287-albums4046-picture39769.jpg

- Curse Of The Black Knight
- Don't Ring the Bell!

- Murloc Invasion

Screenshots (If you don't see them, log in!)

144287-albums4046-picture40377.png

144287-albums4046-picture40378.png

144287-albums4046-picture40375.png

144287-albums4046-picture40376.png

144287-albums4046-picture40379.png

144287-albums4222-picture39994.png

144287-albums4222-picture39989.png

144287-albums4222-picture39990.png

144287-albums4222-picture39991.png

144287-albums4222-picture39992.png

144287-albums4222-picture39993.png

Change Log

Added:
  • a new possibility of buying a trebuchet.
  • Control Point Portal System
  • added player 12
Removed:
Fixed:
  • Hero Crusaders Ability Rapid Slash had no Cooldown.
Changed:
  • whole new horde base
  • tower units can turn now
  • decreased the Control Point Hit Points
  • Auras of Control Points and Towers are invisible

Requests
  • Minimap
  • Loading Screen

Balance / Ideas
Send me your suggestions about what you like or dislike.

Credits

• Sellenisko
  • General Frank
  • Fan
  • CloudWolf
  • NFWar
  • Dan van Ohllus
  • Mr.Goblin
  • Kimberly
  • BlizzardEntertainment
  • dansaDisco
  • -Berz-

Keywords:
Aos, dota, warcraft, dawn, control, boss, event
Contents

Warsong Clash 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
11:03, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 15
Well, the description is ok, no complaints. Only about the screenshots.

You could of edited them to the end! First i thought the pictures arent loading to the end with the black boxes. Only after looking at all pictures i discovered that you just put a black box in paint or something. You could of finished the job by shrinking the size of the picture so we couldnt see the black boxes, more than that, people would enjoy the controll board to be visible. Other than that dragonslarger told me everytihng i need to know about gameplay.

3/5 approved

Level 10
My Review on Warsong Clash

This map is decent. I liked it. I have a few things to say about though...

:thumbs_down:The Control Points take way too long to capture if you're the only one trying to capture it?
:thumbs_down:I don't like the idea of having to destroy the Control Point in order to capture it. I think you should probably have it where you stand next to the Control Point for a certain amount of time to capture it. (If you don't know how to do that, then check out this link.)

:huh:Why are the Watch Towers called Watchturms?
:huh:Not really a big deal, I guess, but why are some of the words in a different language like Player (Spieler)?
:huh:Why are the units that are standing in the towers when you capture a control point (the archers and quillboars) stuck facing 270 degrees, but they can fire in all different directions? (Well, actually I know why, it's because you made them structures, but could you fix it?)

:thumbs_up:Nice terrain.
:thumbs_up:Nice custom spells. :gg:
:thumbs_up:Nice new Heroes. :gg:
:thumbs_up:I like how the units and Heroes aren't real deadly where the fight lasts about 2-5 seconds and then you're Hero dies unless you have all kinds of stuff to pump up your Hero.
:thumbs_up:The towers with the units on top of them was a cool idea.

[rainbow]Overall, I think it was a pretty cool map. It deserves a 3/5.[/rainbow]

Level 13
dragonslarger post
this map's gameplay is like the gameplay in world of warcraft cataclysum
its allmost exactly the same example1. towers were u take over 2.swams
but it is ok more destcription in the loading screen plz

but the game is ok

It is not 'world of warcraft cataclysum' but 'Cataclysm AoS'. I liked the gameplay very much, so I took it. Shall I write to every other AoS map, it is like Dota, because there are towers in a line? I used the same model for the tower, because it is the only model here on hive, which fits.

Well, the description is ok, no complaints. Only about the screenshots.

You could of edited them to the end! First i thought the pictures arent loading to the end with the black boxes. Only after looking at all pictures i discovered that you just put a black box in paint or something. You could of finished the job by shrinking the size of the picture so we couldnt see the black boxes, more than that, people would enjoy the controll board to be visible. Other than that dragonslarger told me everytihng i need to know about gameplay.

3/5 approved

You are right, I thought would look like a movie screenshot - the black box at the botten and at the top. I added some ingame screenshots.

The Control Points take way too long to capture if you're the only one trying to capture it?
I don't like the idea of having to destroy the Control Point in order to capture it. I think you should probably have it where you stand next to the Control Point for a certain amount of time to capture it. (If you don't know how to do that, then check out this link.)

Why are the Watch Towers called Watchturms?
Not really a big deal, I guess, but why are some of the words in a different language like Player (Spieler)?
Why are the units that are standing in the towers when you capture a control point (the archers and quillboars) stuck facing 270 degrees, but they can fire in all different directions? (Well, actually I know why, it's because you made them structures, but could you fix it?)

Nice terrain.
Nice custom spells.
Nice new Heroes.
I like how the units and Heroes aren't real deadly where the fight lasts about 2-5 seconds and then you're Hero dies unless you have all kinds of stuff to pump up your Hero.
The towers with the units on top of them was a cool idea.

Overall, I think it was a pretty cool map. It deserves a 3/5.

For now, I will not change the control point system, because I made a poll on my development threat and members vote this system. I will decrease the Hit Points.

Yes it is a language mistake. In the next version I fix that.
Also I fix the tower units turn with the tower turning toturial here on hive.

Btw thanks for your big review.

Terrain seems quite good from those screenshots. Although the description bothers me since you're putting large spaces between each one which doesn't make the description look bigger but stupid.

the large space appears, if you have the terran design.
I changed it.

Level 10
bhusta said:
For now, I will not change the control point system, because I made a poll on my development threat and members vote this system. I will decrease the Hit Points.

That's OK. Decreasing the hit points of the towers will definitely help.

bhusta said:
Also I fix the tower units turn with the tower turning toturial here on hive.

Or, you could just make the "tower units" into actual units instead of buildings and make their base movement speed, minimum move speed, and max move speed 1. I've tested this on one of my maps and it works.

bhusta said:
Btw thanks for your big review.

No problem. Anything for a fellow map maker. :wink:

Level 22

:thumbs_down:The Control Points take way too long to capture if you're the only one trying to capture it?
:thumbs_down:I don't like the idea of having to destroy the Control Point in order to capture it. I think you should probably have it where you stand next to the Control Point for a certain amount of time to capture it. (If you don't know how to do that, then check out this link.)

:huh:Why are the Watch Towers called Watchturms?
:huh:Not really a big deal, I guess, but why are some of the words in a different language like Player (Spieler)?
:huh:Why are the units that are standing in the towers when you capture a control point (the archers and quillboars) stuck facing 270 degrees, but they can fire in all different directions? (Well, actually I know why, it's because you made them structures, but could you fix it?)

:thumbs_up:Nice terrain.
:thumbs_up:Nice custom spells. :gg:
:thumbs_up:Nice new Heroes. :gg:
:thumbs_up:I like how the units and Heroes aren't real deadly where the fight lasts about 2-5 seconds and then you're Hero dies unless you have all kinds of stuff to pump up your Hero.
:thumbs_up:The towers with the units on top of them was a cool idea.

[rainbow]Overall, I think it was a pretty cool map. It deserves a 3/5.[/rainbow]

Review Marked.

Rating: 3/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 15
One of the best terrains I ever saw. But clerics ultimate is bugged.
No cd, no mana cost and hotkey doesnt work!

Level 13
It is approved oO

Thank you very much for the compliments :)

One of the best terrains I ever saw. But clerics ultimate is bugged.
No cd, no mana cost and hotkey doesnt work!

I never had that problem when I played it :/ I will check it.

Please expect no update soon. I am working on it for months but my study takes realy most of my time.

This map is not protected, if someone wants to improve it and does not want to wait: Permission granted! - provided that I get credits.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's pretty rad. The concept leads to good fun.

-there's a problem selecting heroes with that circle of power under the hero that's supposed to be the trainer
-I'm not sure how battles are supposed to be done on this map; it looks huge; or it turns into a teleportation fiesta
-there are some terrain regions that are either flat or undetailed
-it seems like the Alliance forces take the lead on who is the one to get nearest to the enemy's base
-the vendors need to be highlighted somehow

I like it that the items are not based on insane/chaotic combinations.