• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warriors Of Freedom 0.93h

Choose an unique hero, to fight hordes of evil monsters, face powerful demonic bosses in epic, tactical encounters and finally defeat Demon Lord Kil'jaeden in this cooperative RPG / Hack'n'Slash map!

It's not finished playable version of my Warchasers-like map. It means in this map you pick a hero, and with other players you dig through hordes of monsters, defeat powerful bosses, loot items and get experience. It's best to play it with minimum of 3 players, even thought difficulty level scales with number of players, so it is possible to play solo (not necessary with each hero).

Main features:
-8 of 12 heroes are available
-there are 3 triggered hero Bosses, the boss fights last usually few minutes and are exciting, require teamwork and tactic
-custom spells, most of them partially depend of attributes, so as you get better equipment your spells get stronger
-15 max level cap, anti grind system (you start with 2 level cap, it increases as you go progress in map)
-difficulty level depending of start number of players (faster, stronger spawns, stronger bosses), host can adjust it to skill of players (Easy for beginners, Medium for standard players, Hardcore! for veterans)
-map is widgetized, optimized and protected, if you want unprotected version PM or mail me

Credits for custom models and icons:

AlienAntFarm - Thrall on foot model
apaka - HeroZuljin
assasin_lord - Hero Glow model
Champara Bros - Arcane-Explosion model
Darkfang - HolySphere icon
Direfury - Hero_Falric model, Hero_DeathKnight model
General Frank - OrbLightX model
ILH - HolyAwakening model
kangyun - Rhonin model
Metal_Sonic - Rejuvenation
sPy - Holy Aura model, RunningFlame-Aura model

Enjoy playing, and leave some feedback :)

-new hero: Night Elven Ranger
-bug fixes (Taunt bug, "0 blocked" from Defence, etc.)
-balances (now skeleton archers before 1st boss are not so imba)
-upgradeable claws of attack (just pick up another claws and it will upgrade up to +15)
-upgradeable +3 attribute items (2 of them upgrade to one +5 item), upgradeable pendants
-added cooldown info to tooltips

-new hero: Shaman
-bug fixes (Night Elven Ranger's Volley of Arrows with Flaming Arrows)
-balances
-host can now adjust difficulty level to skill of players (it still depends of number of players, but can be made easier or harder)
-now +3 items have 1 more upgrade

-fixed bug with disabling experience gain for a player, occuring when somebody left the game

Hero balances:
-remade Troll's Blood Rage (now it finishes with Power Throw)
-fixed his ultimate (the true attack speed increase was much higher in stats than in tooltips)
-reduced damage bonus from Battle Roar
-increased dodge chance from Troll's Swiftness
-remade Footman's Ultimate (now it has chance to score Critical Attack lvl 2+)
-remade Holy Knight's Hurt Evil (now it's damage depends of Strength not Intelligence)
-increased stun duration from Rockbiter Weapon, and slow duration from Frostbrand Weapon
-now Totems have shared 10 seconds cooldown
-reduced damage and blind duration from Priest's Holy Light
-now Mage's Flamestrike doesn't damage allies
-added Intelligence bonus to Brillance Aura
-improved Earth Elemental
-added damage randomize into some abilities
-added hints
-improved Kil'jaeden, changed Brutillus and Duke Dreadmoore a bit
-fully translated Quest Log

General:
-introduced new boss loot system: now they don't drop anything, but every player gets Marks of Freedom, which can be spend for superior items, also some items are dedicated, which means they improve abilities of heroes they are for
-Duke Dreadmoore remade
-hero bosses have now more health, but less attributes and attack damage
-hero bosses have now phases during fight, they get more angry and have more abilities as the battle progresses
-some cosmetic changes
-map is now optimized and protected for lower size and better performance

Hero changes:
-most abilities have their attribute coefficient reduced, due to balance issues
-reduced damage/healing increase per level in many abilities
-Shaman's Elemental Weapons reworked
-Holy Knight's Lay On Hands now triggers lesser heal if dispelled
-Footman's Defence nerfed

Bug fixes:
-fixed bug with Flaming Arrows not receiving additional damage if cast manually
-Shamans Chain Heal now bounces properly
-fixed bug with Storm Hammer not exploding if target dies
(there may be some lesser changes I don't remember)

General:
-Map now works with 1.24 patch
-Added some monster spawners in hell
-balance of most monsters reworked
-terrain improved
-Duke Dreadmoore and Kil'jaeden reworked - changed some spells, balanced hp etc.
-Now Strength and Intelligence give only 10 health/mana, but each hero gets 30hp and 20 mana per level (It was made to make health stacking on tanks harder, and to make non-str heroes have more health, and non-int heroes have more mana), base health and mana adjusted so they should have similar hp and mana on 1st level, as they had before
-new map preview

Hero changes:
-rebalanced a lot of abilities: now most abilities scale less with level, but their cooldown reduces
-a lot of minor ability changes (in numbers), which I won't list here, I list major ones

Priest:
-Swapped Holy Shield and Dispel Magic - now Holy Shield is learnable and Dispel Magic is innate
-Divine Call summons heal upgrades with Priest's Intelligence
-Ultimate no longer has casting time

Mage:
-New Ultimate: Arcane Overload

Shaman:
-New Ultimate: Shamanic Call

Dwarven Warrior:
-Taunt gives more Strength bonus (to compensate a bit for Strength giving less hp)

Footmen Captain:
-Piercing Attack now also deals damage equal to Agility when it triggers on normal attack
-Critical Attack now scales less with Strength
-reworked Defence: now it can block certain damage per second, instead of one attack per second
-Sword Mastery (ultimate) has now cooldown scaling with Agility

Holy Knight:
-Holy Word (ultimate) reworked - now it deals less damage, but also heals allies, gives them bonus damage, while reducing enemies damage, animation improved

Troll Berserker:
-Power Throw now jumps once for less damage
-Power Throw now only crits for 1.5x damage during ultimate, but more often

Night Elven Ranger:
-Shadow Meld no longer costs mana
-reworked ultimate: now it's called Moonlight Arrow, it also deals half damage on it's trail

Items:
-There's at least one special item for each hero - these items cost 5 Marks Of Freedom, and give some bonus to certain hero abilities additional for giving stats
-More items have now upgrades, also +attribute items have now 4 upgrades, not 3
-Added some item recipes
-Made item tables for monster drops

-Fixed bug that caused Key to disappear

General:
-Removed Ankhs of Reincarnation. Now heroes can revive at Soul Shrines for gold
-Added Backpack - each hero can now carry 2 item sets and switch between them

Hero changes:

Priest:
-Removed his Divine Call ability. Now has Sphere of Light instead (used models OrbOfLight by General Frank and NagaBirth by JetFangInferno)
-Increased mana cost and cooldown for Holy Light
-Increased mana cost, reduced duration and changed cooldown of Holy Shield

Mage:
-Changed model - now uses Rhonin model by kangyun
-Changed explosion effect for Arcane Overload - model by Champara Bros

Night Elven Ranger:
-Volley of Arrows costs more mana, but will not charge additional mana for Flaming Arrows
-Flaming Arrows mana cost reduced

Shaman:
-Reduced Chain Heal intelligence scaling
-Reduced Mana Spring Totem intelligence scaling

Footmen Captain
-Changed model - now uses HeroFalric model by Direfury
-Reworked ability animations to better fit new model

Troll Berserker
-Changed model - now uses ZulJin model by apaka

Dwarven Warrior
-Now after Taunt strength buff wears off, he will have same health percentage
-Avatar will now double the chance for Crushing Strike

Items:
-All items that had mana cost to use now have no mana cost
-Saviour's Pendant now has no Reincarnation charges, but has area heal without charges

Other:
-Fixed tooltips for Fire Elemental
-Some other minor changes

General:
-Fixed some missing translations
-A lot of minor balance changes
-Changed some random item drops
-Fixed a bug, which caused every player to lose his selection, when a hero died
-Fixed terrain around Soul Shrines, now revived heroes shouldn't sometimes get stuck

Bosses:
-Now all bosses have lower spell damage, but cast spells more often
-Changed model and class name of Duke Dreadmoore
-Final boss now has Infernal Meteor instead of Doom
-Final boss now doesn't set ground on fire with basic attacks

Hero changes:

Mage:
-Fixed a bug, that sometimes caused Flamestrike to not do any primary damage
-Removed casting delay on Flamestrike

Shaman:
-Reduced armor provided by Stoneskin Totem
-Reduced mana cost of Windfury Totem and set it's duration to 10 on all levels

Troll Berserker:
-Battle Roar no longer provides bonus armor, has shorter cooldown and duration
-increased chance for critical Power Throw during Berserker's Rage and reduced Berserker's Rage mana cost

Holy Knight:
-Lay on Hands now heals more health per second, but lasts 7 seconds instead of 10
-Reduced Holy Word mana cost

General:
-Changed how players gain gold from monsters: Now all players get the same amount of gold from monsters killed by anyone
-Changed how players gain experience: Now all players get the same amount of experience from monsters killed by anyone
-Changed list of items sold in item shops
-Increased item prices
-Now when a hero dies, he will revive automatically after set time
-Increased spawn rate of some end-game monster spawners
-Adjusted damage and ability scaling of many abilities to scale better into lategame

Bosses:
-Bosses now reset to their first phase when they are not being fought for a few seconds
-Improved AI scripts for bosses

Hero changes:
Mage:
-Flamestrike base damage reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling
-Freezing Nova base damage reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling

Priest:
-Improved Holy Light now stacks with Holy Knight's Lay on Hands properly
-Holy Light base heal reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling
-Holy Light damage is now equal to it's heal
-Holy Shield base absorption reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling
-Holy Shield cooldown reduced

Dwarven Warrior:
-Hammer Throw now stuns units in area for half of main target's stun duration
-Reduced base damage of Hammer Throw, but increased Strength scaling
-Hammer throw now deals additional 50% damage to main target instead of small Strength based bonus
-Crushing Strike now slows by 50% for 3 seconds instead of stunning
-Crushing Strike chance increased
-Crushing strike damage and Strength scaling adjusted
-Dwarven Toughness basic reduction lowered, but Strength scaling increased

Holy Knight:
-Lay on Hands now stacks with Priest's Improved Holy Light properly
-Lay on Hands healing per second increased, but duration decreased
-Hurt Evil damage and Strength scaling increased

Footman Captain:
-Critical Attack Strength scaling and damage increased
-Reduced Critical Attack cooldown
-Shield Bash Strength scaling and damage increased

Shaman:
-Chain Heal base healing reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling
-Elemental Shock base damage reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling
-Magma Totem base damage reduced, but increased Intelligence scaling

Night Elven Ranger:
-Volley of Arrows mana cost increased
-Flaming Arrows base damage reduced, but Intelligence scaling increased
-Flaming Arrows mana cost increased

Troll Berserker:
-Power Throw base damage and Agility scaling increased, reduced duration by 1 second
-Unstoppable Rage remade: now it instantly provides max Blood Rage stacks with additional attack speed, and makes other abilities not break Blood Rage

Items:
-Changed some item levels
-Changed item loot tables
-Removed all tomes from loot
-Adjusted random item drops form spawned monsters
-Adjusted item prices
-Claws of Attack: Now they have 5 levels, provide +3/+6/+9/+12/+15 damage and upgrade automatically
-Gauntlets of Strength, Slippers of Agility, Mantle of Intelligence: Now they have 5 levels, provide +2/+4/+6/+8/+10 respective attribute and upgrade automatically
-Pendant of Energy, Pendant of Vitality: Now two Pendants of Energy/Vitality automatically merge into Pendant of Mana/Amulet of Health
-Pendant of Mana/Amulet of Health: Now provide 200 mana/health
-Amulet of Power: Now provides 200 health and mana
-Cloak of Flames: now deals only 10 damage/s, but is much lower item level
-Stone of Life/Stone of Mana/Stone of Restoration/Lesser Stone of Restoration - cooldowns reduced
-Axe of Giant: chance for bash reduced to 10%, but increased stun duration to 2 seconds.

-New droppable items available: Thorium Hammer, Cloak of Fel Flames, Gloves of Haste, Scroll of Greater Protection, Scroll of Greater Healing, Scroll of Greater Mana, Vampiric Potion, Greater Vampiric Potion, Potion of Titanic Power, Essence of Alexstrasza, Essence of Malygos
-New item recipes available: Cloak of Shadowflame, Paw of Ursoc, Sphere of Insight

General:
-Changed hero selection
-Improved hero tooltips
-Increased health of bosses
-Added new item vendors
-Added some items to existing merchants
-Fixed music playlist to play properly
-Reduced Intelligence-based mana regen from 0.05 to 0.04

Hero changes:

Priest:
-Changed class name to High Priestess
-Changed hero name
-Changed model to High Elven Priestess by Sin'dorei300 and Uncle Fester
-Changed Holy Shield buff model to DivineBarrier by JesusHipster
-Reduced base mana regen

Mage:
-Changed class name to Arcanist
-Changed hero name
-Reduced base mana regen
-Reduced mana regeneration provided by Brillance Aura

Shaman:
-Reduced mana regeneration provided by Mana Spring Totem
-Reduced Mana Spring Totem mana cost

Night Elven Ranger
-Changed class name to Moon Ranger
-Changed model to Priestess of the Moon on Foot by Rubellu Sidus

Troll Berserker:
-Fixed description for Ustoppable Rage

Dwarven Warrior:
-Changed model to Hero Thane by Tranquil

Footmen Captain:
-Fixed walk animation to look like running

Holy Knight:
-Changed model to Bolvar Fordragon by Sxar

Item changes:
-Created new item tables for spawned monsters random drop
-Increased chance for random item drops
-Flask of Magical Water now regenerates 90% health and mana during 60 seconds, down from 75% during 30 seconds

133478-albums3731-picture34296.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34297.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34298.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34303.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34299.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34300.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34301.jpg

133478-albums3731-picture34302.jpg

Keywords:
Warriors, Kil'jaeden, Warchasers, raid, RPG, hero, bosses, teamwork, teamplay, cooperative, dungeon
Contents

Warriors Of Freedom 0.93h (Map)

Reviews
MasterHaosis: Hey man yes map isnot finished, but it is playable and nice piece of work here. I like your custom abilities. [ ] Map scanned of viruses [ ] Map doesnot crash WC3 as far I can see [ ] Map is yours/seems no edited from other author...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-What do you mean by hiding hero selection? Like remaking selection completely?
Sorry. I wasn't clear on that. One might think it's about some trigger. I mean that players who choose should not be able to see the zone where the heroes can be chosen from again (destroy visibility of that region for each player after they choose their hero).
-Yeah, I will make it 1-shot messages
Or at least add a relief between the reappearance (wait action trigger or something).
-Well, so far they are invulnerable on purpose
It would be nicer if they at least had a different colour or model since there's no purpose than to confuse players otherwise.

Level 15

Played as Troll Berserker, I would say the game is very fun first hour into the game, the grind makes it feel special and very interesting until you realized that you can't grind more levels by making use of the spawn system. The item inventory swap can be very useful when you want to stack healing items with combat items and it allows that to be managed. I play the game in Hardcore mode and realized that it was not possible in single player, buying back your Hero is also odd. Overall, I think this game is fine, requires some tweaking to reach it's full potential.

Level 6
Thank you for replying, deepstrasz. As I said, I will probably remake hero selection completely, so this won't be an issue anymore. As for rocks, I will probably do something with it, but well, I plan to remake the terrain entirely as I said in previous post.

Also thanks for feedback Destiny.Knight. I'm working on balance, but it's quite hard work, because my goal would be to make it playable for any number of players. So far I tested it mostly for 3-6 players, it's why I recommend playing with that sized team. When you play solo, it's usually easier for heroes that can heal, the rest generally need a lot of potions for boss fights. As for buying back your hero, I never wanted my map to have infinite lives, I wanted to have some significant penalty on death. Also I decided to remove ankhs, because they use inventory space, it's why for now I have this kind of system. Also what do you mean about not being able to grind more levels? In last stage of the game it's possible to reach max level, which is 15.

Level 15

Good to hear from you Pszczolek, this is fun and I will try to use potions if I play it again. I respect it being a team game, regards to the level limit for grinding, I reached level 3 in the starting area and the game won't allow me to gain experience there, thus, making the grind weird as well. Seems like it is in it's beta, I wish you luck! :D

Level 1
wow man, so u actually did updated your map! we played together on Battle net a couple months ago, dunno if u remember, i was the tank that died at the end, hehe
anyway, gj bro!

Last edited:
Level 3
I played this game with 2 of my friends, despite its quick completion time and simplicity, This game absolutely gets a 5/5. It is a fun little dungeon crawler reminiscent of Warchasers, except with satisfying heroes, well made and badass items (especially the class specific ones), STAT SCALING ABILITIES, and a normal camera, however there were no real minigmes, which was a very cool feature of Warchasers. The Shaman is also a very interesting and cool hero, who while being exotic is not a gimmick and actually very potent. My one other suggestion would be to change the life steal of the sword from a small constant to a small percentage, like 10% or something.

Level 6
This is my Hammer, thanks for your appreciation! :thumbs_up: I will still be working on this map, I got a lot of ideas to implement. I don't have too much time though, so the progress is really slow. Updated to version 0.93g. Next will be probably 0.94, and it's gonna be big update with new heroes and other content.