• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warhammer Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Because those are the deserters, prisoners because they surrendered or had their planets captured. The Tau give most captured worlds, and the innocent citizens on them, a chance to join the Empire, and as you've pointed out, the IG seem to give in when there's no chance, and no on to punish them.

Level 11
Don't insult me StormWarriors2.

And IG in Tau are from the crusade led by imperioum against the Tau. When, crusade had to retreat, parts of IGs were left stranded, and only way out was to join Tau.

Level 10
no not saying your gay just saying some parts of the tau are retarded. FOR THE GREATER GOOD! ok yeah they are a communsitic government, they maybe advanced but they are still a young race. they will be consumed by the tyranid hive fleets. just watch. Also there Etherals are just weird. Farsight is probaly the best tau hero ok i'm sry for insulting the tau but i like space marines and eldar (panzies of life).

Level 13
Tau ain't really communistic as their society has a strick caste system, which is pretty much which communism was against.

Level 11
Ye, I know tau is a letter, and I do like omega beater, but omega is usually a prototype of something, or product of an experiment gone wrong.

Level 10
I was talking to some gw staff last week and i found something that was kind of funny.
Starcraft is orgininally suppose to be a warhammer 40k game. And Warcraft was going to be a warhammer Game. Warcraft was ok to the gw but starcraft kept going and is pretty much the same thing to warhammer 40k. The tyranids and the zerg are exact parrells, The space marines are duplicated by the terrans, the eldar by the protoss. I thought it was interesting, because i saw the list of simliarities for example the zerg over mind, the tyranid hive mind, protoss the their civil war and they all have psi powers, the eldar the fall and they all have psychic powers. The terran look exactly the same to the space marines. FAIL BLIZZARD FAIL. -.- i was really disappointtened with blizzard.

Level 11
I kept saying starcraft races are very similar to warhammer 40k races (in starcraft 1 and 2 group), but no one believed me. Similarities are obvious.

Level 11
How are aliens (from the movie!!) similar to zerg (except no intelligence, and are animals).

Aldo concept is same (alien vs humans), there are often differences.

Level 11
That is look.
By concept of the race, I mean, ability to travel in organic ships (aliens don't have that), obey to some imba telepathic mind (aliens only obey to the mother, and it is throo sound)...

Level 13
Since we're talking about ripping off... Let's look at Warhammer 40,000. The Space Marines are pretty much copied off from Starship Troopers (the 1950s sci-fi novel). Both are extremely trained, power armor clad, godlike soldiers. The only difference is that the Starship Troopers Mobile Infantry have heavier weaponry and haven't been genetically altered.

The Tyranids on the other hand... Oh let's see, strange (buglike) alien race with advanced technology (biotechnology)... Oh right the Arachnids from Starship Troopers. Also the Tyranid's design is VERY similar to the Xenomorphs from Alien (Alien came first you know?)

Level 10
dude almost every sci-ficiton was started pretty much by starship troopers. Plus why you attacking 40k? dude starcraft is a good game i'm not attacking that i'm just saying that it's lore and races are exact parrells of warhammer 40k.

Level 13
And Warhammer's Races are exact parralels to Sci-fi universes before that. Seriously all this "ripping off" thing is just incredibly stupid. Fanboys always see their favourite universe as something which is totally original and all that, and everything else just copies it.

I'm not denying that Starcraft took inspiration from Warhammer, I'm just saying that it is incredibly stupid to point this out.

Level 10
No you don't know the story.
What happened was this I talked to a GW EMPLOYEE, and me and 12 people dissucussed about video games. What happened was that Blizzard and Gamesworkshop signed a contract so that blizzard would make 2 games Warhammer and a 40k game. Gamesworkshop pulled out because they didn't really want to make a another game (just made space hulk.) So they pulled out, they told blizzard to make their own game. Warcraft has no reference to warhammer apart from some tibdets. But Starcarft kept going it looked exactly the same and they called what the tyranids, space marines and the eldar were like and how they funictioned.

Level 10
So Blizzard realeased the game starcraft to the public and GW saw that it parrelled the lore of 40k so they sued Blizzard for plagiarism. GW won the lawsuit and Blizzard was not allowed to publish starcraft 2 for 12 years and also they had to change the lore ALOT so that it would be completely different. (Hence why they killed the overmind, And Destoried Auir. And Kerrigan) THAT IS WHY I TALKED ABOUT THIS SO WE COULD TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES OF WARHAMMER 40K AND WHY IT IS A GOOD HOBBY!

Level 13
Let me guess.. It was a 20something year old GW employee in a GW store. Those people know as much about this as a random guy on the streets. The only thing we know is that Warcraft was supposed to be a Warhammer game, not Starcraft. Have you even SEEN what Starcraft was originally supposed to be like!? IT was supposed to be Warcraft 2 in space (with spaceships and stuff), and the races were totally different. Only later it became it became similar to Warhammer 40,000.

http://home.planet.nl/~aggel005/alphabeta/index.html here you can view what starcraft used to be like (just click the alpha, beta, etc. buttons on the left).

Level 13
Also Games Workshop never sued Blizzard. There is no actual record of that ANYWHERE! Congratulations for believing the ramblings of some crazed GW Fanboi.

Warcraft has no reference to warhammer...

are you shitting me?
paladin is basically a warrior priest...with a beard. they have the book and they have the hammer and they pray...oh wait. valten has a beard

the whole undead race with the egyptian theme = tomb kings
other than that...
deathknight = bascially a pale blood knight
bashee = banshee
ghouls = ghouls, both exact same pose

goblins are the techy small allies of orcs = grots are tinkery cousins of orks

warcraft steam tank = warhammer steam tank
Steamtank.gif
EmpireSteamTankA.jpg

and if goblins are so smart, why do some choose to be sappers? cos grots in warhammer are expandible

human rifle man happens to be a dwarf. if WC was following traditional dwarf image, why not axe instead of a rifle. funny, cos warhammer Dwarf Thunderers happens to use rifle

but like Tyranid smartly said before, nothing is ever original
(double post. 1000 word limit)

and yes tyranids were heavily inspired from aliens as the designers have admitted...somewhere. i cant remember where

space marines, i always saw as supersoldiers inspired by WW2/cold war supersoldier government programs and being the equivalent of a medieval knights with their heavy armour

Status
Not open for further replies.