• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft Software Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Greetings Empire,

A problem, I have.
After buying a totally new computer and installing Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne I discovered some problems:
--Warcraft does not recognize a DirectX on my computer, preventing me from seeing the seriously cool Blizzard movies. :(
--A problem with Battle.Net: I discovered that somewhy, after entering my CD code that worked perfectly countless times before, somewhy it won't work now, not only preventing me from access to the Net, but also to the patches. Does that mean I will have problems with updated maps?

Please try to help me with these problems, so I can enjoy the game fully.

Thank you, Empire, and have a nice day. :wink:

Level 12
Well, I installed it successfully, which means it accepted the CD key, but when I try to connect to Battle.Net it says "The given CD key is invalid."
And BTW, Blizzard site was full so I tried the Gameaholic Mirror, but the page is invalid.

Level 8
Many cdkeys accepted by the installation are actually invalid on bnet. You remember Blizzard had deleted thousands of 'valid' keys from the bnet database in a desperate attempt to curb piracy? Perhaps your key was deleted. As for War3 not recognising your DirectX, try reinstalling DirectX from a NEW game (so that your current installation of DX might be overwritten). Also run dxdiag and make sure that you do not have a problem with DX files. Of course, it's odd that you can so much as run War3 without your DX being 'unrecognised'.

Level 34
I'd suggest contacting Blizzard about the CD key. Also try just the RoC Battle.Net and see if it works, that at least narrows it down.

Or buy a new Battle-Chest, although Blizzard is lame and charges far too much for their old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.